MasterCard Principal, Government Business Development Lead, Data & Services, Saudi Arabia in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal, Government Business Development Lead, Data & Services, Saudi Arabia
MasterCard Data & Services, the professional services arm of MasterCard Worldwide, provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, platforms, information, loyalty and risk management services to financial, retailers and government institutions worldwide. The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow or create impact, centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and passionate sales leader. Expertise in consulting business development and possession of deep knowledge of the Government and Public Services sector is a must. Demonstrated experience in delivery and engagement management is key, along with the skills to exercise leadership across the broader Mastercard organization.
Develop the Government vertical for Data & Services in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and for selected themes on global level with responsibility for sales, in-year-revenue, and profitability. This includes government engagements strategies, new sales, maximizing value of each relationship, driving recurrent revenue and platform solutions, ensuring high net customer expansion through renewals and cross-sell, and optimizing the mix of solutions sold
• Develop government strategy for the regional D&S business for the next 3-5 years including identifying future revenue streams
• Be a thought-leader for Mastercard when representing D&S solutions in the market
• Partner with the regional and divisional Leadership team of Mastercard to develop a plan for D&S and beyond to support their strategic imperatives and execute against same
• Take a lead role in winning major MasterCard deal bids, rfps and cross-selling MasterCard value-added services (within and beyond D&S)
• Develop business pipeline and convert opportunities into engagements
• Build peer relationships and become trusted advisor with senior/executive level government institutions in region, capturing implicit needs in addition to articulated requests and identifying the most critical aspects of the problem
• Build and lead a senior, high performing, motivated and diverse team that cuts across all of the D&S business lines and value propositions
[All About You]
• Ability to quickly generate a deep understanding of the Government and Public Sector needs as well as on the suite of Mastercard Data & Services value propositions for both Government and Public Services with thoughtful approach to building and executing appropriate go to market strategies
• Strong network in the Government and Public Sector in Saudi Arabia and being a strong networker across relevant stakeholder base with the ability to listen, build common ground and influence in order to effectively advance the strategy and generate revenues
• Excellent people leadership skills, with both direct and indirect teams, with the ability to lead and inspire from the front through a combination of compelling communication and clear actions
• Strong commercial drive with ability to build and monetize senior client relationships based on empathy, thought leadership and subject matter expertise
• Strong business development and sales background with focus on driving long-term client relationships and within the government sector, preferably consulting background
• Exhibits leadership courage; challenges poor decisions and stands up for the purpose and principles of good business
• Thoughtful decision-maker with a bias toward action and ability to handle ambiguity
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-145412