MasterCard Vice President, Product Marketing in Copenhagen, Denmark
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Product Marketing
Overview of business setting
Open Banking is a worldwide phenomenon, gathering pace over the recent years and set to transform many aspects of financial services (as well as many adjacent industries). There are a number of markets already live with various forms of open banking offerings (e.g. EEA markets thanks to PSD2, or US owing to long-standing market driven initiatives). In most other markets, open banking is at earlier stages of development, yet already seeing plenty of attention from established players as well as new entrants.
Over the last few years we have been building our European product set and are actively selling our capabilities (see www.mastercard.com/openbanking). Towards the end of 2020 we completed an acquisition of Finicity in the US, and in late 2021 we closed an acquisition of Aiia in Europe. Over the past few years we have established a large, cross-functional team that is focusing on product design and delivery on a global scale.
Reports to SVP, Product Marketing in the US. Leading the European open banking marketing team and will be part of the European open banking leadership team. Position works in collaboration with: European Open Banking sales units, European and Regional B2B Marketing teams, Global Communications, Global Brand, Product business units and other cross-functional business partners to drive acquisition through marketing tactics.
Purpose of the role
Defining and improving our go-to-market marketing strategy for new products and offering while developing our competitive value proposition across Europe to drive awareness, desired positioning and lead generation. The VP Product Marketing will use data and critical thinking to challenge and ensure successful engagement and lead generation across channels.
● Be the resident marketing expert for assigned open banking products and features within accept payments, payouts and account aggregation.
● Leverage market intelligence about open banking trends and competitors’ products as well as product knowledge of Mastercard’s open banking solutions in Europe to identify new opportunities
● Identify and focus on strong demand channels and building lead generation campaigns
● Collaborate with Communications specialists and develop product collateral and other sales tools to be used by the Customer Marketing and Global Accounts teams
● Work closely with the Global Product Group and the Customer Marketing group to develop launch strategies for new products
● Evaluate accomplishment of objectives using metrics defined for measuring marketing effectiveness and ensure MQLs across segments
● Leveraging insights and analytics to plan and execute marketing plans and go-to market strategies that grow audience affection and developing sales and promotion platforms and campaigns to drive lead generation
● Budget and budget-updates. Clear understanding of CAC, LTV and retention/churn
● Lead a Marketing team to succeed with the marketing plan and deliver to the business
● Sets European Open Banking Marketing strategies, including advertising, events and sponsorships, to deliver against company objectives and support sales pipeline across segments and European markets
● Establishes go-to-market plans, including determining approaches to leverage consumer insights in marketing programs/activities
● Provides direction for development of effective and scalable sales materials and packaging/ wrappers for products and data
● Makes decisions and adjustments based on results of performance measurement and evaluation of MQLs
● Provides direction on the design/development of promotional marketing materials, email, blog, website etc.
● Accountable for marketing budget and ensuring that all campaigns, programs, and activities are within allocated budget
● Supervises the European open banking marketing team, ensures compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal processes, coaches and develops employees as an organizational resource
● Proven track record in leading complex B2B marketing campaigns and delivering positive business results through lead generation
● Significant experience integrating creative content and resources across multiple channels to tell a holistic story that drives consumer preference
● Proven track record of improving consumer database management processes and driving initiatives utilizing evolving CRM tactics to nurture leads
● Proven success in identifying insights for a product marketing campaign that leads to adoption of the product in terms of increased usage and scale
● Extensive track record of collaborating across regions and teams, especially sales, to determine marketing opportunities and grow MQLs / SQLs
● Experience in supporting, leading and coaching marketing teams and establishing effective processes/standards and drive leads for sales teams
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-172015