MasterCard Senior Risk Manager in Copenhagen, Denmark
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Risk Manager
The acquisition of the Corporate Services Division of a mastercard aquisition by Mastercard requires that the acquired asset is fully integrated from a Risk Management function perspective into wider Mastercard risk practices, processes and procedures and then that acquired asset’s second line risk function is run to ensure full risk integration into Mastercard.
The Senior Risk Manager will have responsibility for championing resilience, operational and business risk management practices both internally, at a senior management level and externally with all applicable customers.
Scope of Senior Risk Manager Role:
• Assume responsibility for second line of defence risk management practices within the acquired asset
• Understand local jurisdiction regulatory requirements specific to risk where applicable
• Establish collaborative relationships across the organisation and externally in the execution of responsibilities
• Represent Risk Management at appropriate meetings when required
• Provide reports on the risk profile of the acquired asset to the CRO, Risk Committee, Management Committee and other third parties
• Ensure that risks and issues are escalated effectively
• Create and monitor Risk Appetite statements
Responsibility for second line of defence risk management practices within the acquired asset includes:
• Implementation of risk management framework:
o Risk management policy
o Risk appetite statement
o Risk assessments and the creation of required risk registers and taxonomy
o Control assessments
o Risk event capture
o Remediation tracking
o Aggregate risk reporting for boards and third parties (committees, boards, external parties)
• Partner with Product Owners to identify and monitor all material risks and associated action plans
• Coordinate and execute Risk and Control Assessments across the acquired asset
• Liaise with and support the Risk Owners and Control Owners to resolve any questions, queries and problems relating to ISAE/ISO and scheme requirements which may occur during the audit as well as in the pre and post audit stages
• Ensuring adherence to risk practices to produce a complete and accurate articulation of the risk profile of the acquired asset
• Present aggregate risk reporting to senior management, boards, committees and external parties (including regulators) to support commercial decision making
• Good understanding of and experience in execution of Risk Management practices (including ISO and ISAE assurance certifications)
• Prior experience working within a second line of defence Risk Management role
• Ability to demonstrate understanding of relevant regulatory requirements within the designated jurisdiction
All About You
• Consistently display positive, professional and approachable behaviours – displaying the company behaviours
• Excellent communication skills - uses all relevant channels and resources to communicate effectively and proactively
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Team working – ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of people. Work co-operatively with others as part of a team
• Organisation and detailed planning ability is essential
• Demonstrate strong disciplines with regard to accuracy and quality of output
• Discretion and confidentiality is essential
• A good command of the English language both written and verbal
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-109330