MasterCard Senior Java Developer in Copenhagen, Denmark
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Java Developer
About the role
You’ll be part of Mastercard Payment Services Denmark, which provides leading ecosystems of account-to-account based omni channel services including Betalingsservice, to banks, corporates and their customers. More than 90% of Danish households use these services to pay their bills. In close collaboration with business you will work in an energetic environment in a development teams in Denmark, Copenhagen.
We are looking for a highly motivated Java developer to support us in delivering innovative, reliable and scalable Payment solutions. You have a strong technical commitment, and you are passionate about software development and automated test disciplines. We base our software development on modern tech stack in languages, frameworks and technologies such as Java, Microservices-based event-driven architecture, automates tests and continuous delivery and deployment.
Maintenance of our production systems is an extremely important part of our daily operation. Secure and stable operation is our license to operate, you will be a part of the team and work closely with the scrum master and other team members to ensure the product is always compliant with regulations and live up to the product vision.
You will work in an agile iterative development cycle, in a high-performance team, target the best user experience for customers.
• Collaborate with team and product owner to translate their vision and requirements into code in short release cycles.
• Develop, test and maintain components to ensure secure and stable operation.
• Build, test and deploy services using CI/CD infrastructure (Azure), enabling the team to frequently roll out features.
• Increase code quality, decrease time to market on new features, contribute to new feature ideas, maintain/improve upon current development.
• Help the team to iterate and improve upon current development processes.
All About You
• Experience with data intensive applications, high availability solution and distributed solutions, container-based platforms such as Kubernetes as well as Cloud environments, such as Azure.
• Experience with Agile and test-driven development (unit test, mocks, integration test), test automation.
• Experience with Java, Spring boot framework and reactive programming
• Experience with PostgreQL, SQL, Maven and Jenkins
• Experience with development of REST-based APIs for both internal and external use
• Experience with application security, oAuth2/oID, security zones and general hardening of Java applications. Experience with compliance requirements from a highly regulated industry such as Payment or similar is a plus.
• Hold a Bachelor or master’s in computer science, Software Engineering or similar skills.
• Ability to understand complex systems and events with external dependencies
• Excellent verbal and written English and Danish
• Take responsibility for your own development and always strive towards learning more and share knowledge with others. Being a team player is essential.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139221