MasterCard Security Engineer in Copenhagen, Denmark
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
About the role
Aiia has recently been acquired by Mastercard, and that means migrating to and enforcing some of the most secure security frameworks in the world. This huge integration and migration from Aiia standards into Mastercard security standards requires a person that thrives with change, and has a high aptitude for driving change, is a master of high level thinking, and a key learner to help us in enforcing Mastercard best practice security design on a large scale.
Our software enables 100+ customers to fetch data and initiate payments. Aiia’s software is designed from the ground up with security, data protection, compliance and availability in mind. Security by design and privacy by default, coding on stage and deploying drunk are not buzzwords to us. We live it, we breathe it.
Aiia stands at an exciting standpoint. We have the fundamentals in place, and are preparing for a big ramp up. There’s no need to maintain older systems - it’s time to build-, and define the security of tomorrow. Come help us in designing, enforcing and securing our software and infrastructure even more than we do now!
As our new Security Engineer, you will:
• Manage and ensure security migrations and enhancements to Mastercard standards
• Have tight cooperation with our Security Tech lead
• Enforce security standards in Aiia
• Implement security standards on Azure tenant
• Ensure the security of existing and future Terraform modules
• Optimize the current Azure deployment pipelines to be as secure as possible
• Help Squads and Divisions with future security enhancements and Mastercard standards in tight cooperation with the Infrastructure Guild and Cloud Infrastructure Squad
• Keep our Azure tenant “Best Of Breed”
• Join us in pushing the limits. Our only boundary right now is Azure.
• A positive and curious attitude
• You have an open and curious mindset, you’re a quick learner.
• Including and social team player
• Not afraid to speak their mind
• Trusting and self-driven
• Listening and caring personality
• Inquisitive and comfortable with change
• Be able to identify potential problems from a high-level point of view
• Willing to learn to use and secure the following systems and technologies:
o Azure DevOps (ADO)
o Azure Active Directory (AAD)
o OPA (OpenPolicyAgent)
• A bachelor's degree from one of the many IT educations out there and/or related work experience from the IT-sector
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-158565