MasterCard Financial Controller in Copenhagen, Denmark
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
The Controller reports to the Assistant Corporate Controller and is responsible for establishing and maintaining a best-in-class controllership for a strategically important Mastercard business. The Controller is responsible for overseeing all areas of the business; implementing any operational changes and delivering measurable improvements. The Controller must possess strong leadership skills to build and engage teams to optimize and transform the current structure while utilizing their technical skillset to establish and enhance processes and internal controls. The Controller will also be responsible for financial accounting, financial reporting, regulatory requirements and operating activities specific . A key part of the role is to be able to influence positive change through dialogue partnership with finance and business partners, regional and business unit controllerships, and the GBSC (Global Business Service Center).
• Advise on accounting related matters on business transactions and accounting/ regulatory standards, including but not limited to revenue recognition, software capitalization and impairment reviews
• Ensure controls are properly implemented and operating effectively while under Nets’ TSA and post TSA exit for controllership functions
• Simultaneously transform TSA environment to build and maintain standardized controllership processes to enable risk-based approaches around the review and analysis of the business unit’s activity; ensuring processes are sustainable for future growth of the business globally
• Partner with other finance functions with dependencies on controllership over the course of the integration
• Influence change through strong, collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to Business and Finance Partners, Peers, Products and Services business partners, Regional Controllers and GBSC
• Identify opportunities to implement automated solutions to streamline processes
• Implement Mastercard accounting policies and adheres to SOX as appropriate and identify key risks and exposures for process improvement
• Interface with external auditors regarding the application of generally accepted accounting principles on certain transactions and matters
• Oversee and ensure compliance with statutory financial reporting requirements
• Periodic review of financial reporting processes to ensure operationally mitigating risks based on design and the evolution of business processes
• Support the management of intercompany arrangements, where required, in partnership with the GBSC and Tax, as applicable
All About You
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
• Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant or its equivalent
• Dynamic transformational role requiring an individual with strong communication and leadership skills, with an emphasis on financial and business acumen
• Experience assessing the effectiveness and oversight of operational and financial control implementation; ensures compliance within a diverse organization
• Experience advising business partners; consults on complex technical accounting issues to final interpretation in order to ensure the integrity of the financials
• Demonstrated successful oversight of the management and resolution of high-risk issues to ensure completeness and efficiency
• Extensive experience setting strategy for process improvement initiatives along with developing procedures for implementation
• Proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Process-minded change agent, with strong knowledge of internal controls, ability and experience to assess and design effective operational and financial controls
• Successfully drive and integrate change and cultivate a continuous improvement culture
• Confident and poised Influencer who uses analytical and leadership skills to achieve goals
• Must be able to integrate knowledge across disciplines and demonstrate effective leadership with relationship development skills
• Experience of regulated environments preferred
• Market and industry knowledge a strong plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-109807