MasterCard Corporate Secretary in Copenhagen, Denmark
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Leveraging Mastercard’s global payments network, our account-to-account business provides domestic and cross-border solutions to enable the frictionless future of payments. We help our customers leverage rich messaging functionality and applications to capture business and consumer payment flows both domestically and cross-border; offer solutions to connect, enable, and safeguard the Open Banking ecosystem, and protect banks and their customers from financial crime. All this is supported by account-based data insights and consulting to help our clients optimise their payment strategies across the world.
We are searching for an Assistant Company Secretary to join the New Payment Platforms legal team to support our Nordic payments businesses, providing strategic and hands-on support to help deliver the next generation of Mastercard product solutions focused on enabling the future of payments.
As Assistant Company Secretary, you will be a member of the Law & Franchise Integrity (LFI) team supporting Mastercard’s New Payment Platforms (NPP) business. Your role will help provide advice and give support to the Company and the Operational Directors to ensure the efficient and timely conduct of the Company's business in accordance with Company Law, the Memorandum and Articles of Association and the Company's rules and regulations. You will:
• Assist the Company Secretary to ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and other legal obligations ;
• Act as Secretary to the Board and Management Committee of 2 Norwegian and 1 Danish entity and coordinate and arrange the Board and Management Committee dates;
• Assist the Company Secretary with company secretarial requirements for all New Payment Platform entities, where required;
• Assist with the preparation of the Annual Report & Accounts to satisfy legal requirements;
• Maintain and keep safe Company documents, the Company seal, and ensure that all company secretarial resources are maintained to secure the provision of the company secretarial service.
This role is based in Copenhagen, Denmark but the NPP LFI team supports the business globally and so the role may require some travel and ability to support other time zones
All About You
• Possess excellent organisational and management skills.
• Fluent in Danish (Norwegian is a plus)
• Well presented and able to communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong minute-taking skills
• Previous experience of working as assistant company secretary/company secretarial assistant is preferred.
• Previous experience of working in a plc or regulated environment desirable.
• Some familiarity with applicable Danish and Norwegian legislation relevant to the boards’ conduct and responsibilities is desirable. As is an awareness of the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority’s and Danmarks Nationalbank’s requirements for the governance of a regulated entity (for example under the Danish Financial Business Act, Danish Payments Act and accompanying Executive Orders).
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-122256