MasterCard Manager, Product Management, Network Solutions in Colorado
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management, Network Solutions
The Mastercard Access and Connectivity team is dedicated to growing MasterCard revenue from transaction switching and proprietary value-added services associated with switching and as standalone offerings.
The team partners with other Mastercard Product Groups, Operations & Technology and Regional Partners to enhance the strategic fit, quality, efficiency and applicability of Mastercard’s network and services assets to customer needs.
The team creates and packages Product and Solutions offerings to drive new transaction flows, VAS product distribution and competitive advantage with merchants, processors, financial institutions, fintechs, and other industry participants.
The Product Manager will work with the team to develop, optimize and manage product offerings and act as liaison with NAM and international markets.
The role focuses on creating a commercialization framework to facilitate the implementation of processing products as they launch in current markets, new geographies and in new market segments.
The position works with customer facing and product management leads to identify new product features as part of the feedback loop with regions to penetrate strategic priority markets, countries and customer verticals.
The position creates, maintains and publishes key business metrics used to manage the overall business and distict product lines.
The role requires significant collaboration and ability to influence across global MasterCard teams, across product and the regions. It reports to the VP, Connectivity and Switching Products.
• Establish a product commercialization framework to use in assessing the readiness of products, enhancements, and new feature functionality to ensure successful launches. Interface with product, risk, finance, legal, marketing, operations, implementations to ensure that all processes meet the needs and requirements outlined in the framework and ensure product consistency across clients, regions and support teams.
• Coordinate the commercialization of products, responsibilities utilizing PME structure (where necessary) to ensure product launch steps are complete and propositions address the needs of target market segments and clients to drive sales opportunities.
• Coordinate, evaluate and execute product roadmap planning, development and commercialization milestones, activities, and deliverables across each step.
• Work closely with global product managers, regional market managers and cross-functional business partners (finance, legal, operations, marketing, delivery, support, etc.) to synchronize go-to-market strategies and priorities and ensure appropriate delivery of product initiatives on time and within budget per business objectives and revenue projections.
• Collaborate with regional teams to plan product launches and enhancement launches including the operational and technical support models.
• Develop reporting, analytics and presentations for tracking key initiatives, product utilization and performance in supported markets. Collaborate with regions to conduct research and analyses to align and capture opportunities.
• Manage product information and documentation across the product lifecycle, ensuring ready availability, accurate and holistic reporting and ongoing alignment with downstream applications and tools.
All About You
• Significant experience in payment switching technologies, customer use case applications, product management, market research, pricing and go to market execution
• Significant prior product management and GTM experience in the global payment industry; experience in product management, product marketing and proposition management
• Ability to influence senior leadership across a global, decentralized organization
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong, productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers
• Proven ability to build high functioning, creative, execution oriented cross-functional teams
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, marketing or related field; MBA preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Travel may be required
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-131399