MasterCard Managing Consultant, Business Development - Sales and Servicing in Chicago, Illinois
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Managing Consultant, Business Development - Sales and Servicing
Mastercard Data & Services encompasses Mastercard's (NYSE: MA) offerings beyond the transaction. We provide customers across industries and geographies with a tailored portfolio of solutions to address their business pain points.
By harnessing the power of our real-time, anonymized and aggregated transaction data, powerful software platforms and wealth of expertise, we empower customers to unlock a holistic view of consumer behavior beyond their four walls, distill actionable insights and make more data-driven decisions. With compelling offerings for financial institutions, retailers, telecommunications organizations, travel companies and more, our services drive efficiency and value and enable our customers to solve business problems from end to end.
This role will focus on supporting the Regional, Community, and Specialty segments with financial institutions ranging from $50M - $100B+ in assets.
In this space Data & Services provides its full complement of offerings including marketing execution support, consulting, data analytic, innovation and loyalty management services.
The Managing Consultant will prospect and develop new D&S business opportunities among target clients including the following specific activities:
• Work cooperatively with the Mastercard Client Account Managers to identify client business needs or gaps and fit D&S solutions to those client needs or gaps.
• Develop and maintain a pipeline of opportunities to expand the reach of Mastercard’s Data & Services across multiple segments
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to enhance go to market strategy for D&S products and services to meet unique needs of segments
• Manage the sales administration workflow requirements to have sales opportunities entered, reviewed and approved in the D&S internal workflow system.
• Develop and maintain executive level relationships with clients and prospects where Mastercard has limited exposure
Essential Experience :
• Bachelor’s degree
• Advanced payments experience with P&L understanding
• Experience selling services within the financial services industry preferred
• Experience in prospecting, developing, and fostering customer relationships as a trusted partner
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to frame opportunities from a customer’s perspective
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and sell to a large client or cluster of clients
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills along with solid project management credentials
• Experience with Financial Institutions
• Proven track record in cross company, collaborative teaming
• Practical, yet creative and innovative
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-120671