MasterCard Software Development Engineering Manager - Cloud in California
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineering Manager - Cloud
The Mastercard Architecture and Technology organization provides a public cloud platform service to the its many development teams and customers. On the Cloud Platform team, you will be managing Mastercard’s Azure and AWS environments, while using your expertise in coding, analysis and system design. The team is responsible for managing the underlying infrastructure and providing deployment and infrastructure management solutions for software development and operation teams. This position will lead a team of employees and contractors in building this best-of-breed, 24-7 cloud platform.
• The Development Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to turn Product Backlog items into a potentially shippable increment within the Sprint.
• Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, architects, writers, and even users. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
• Provide ongoing guidance to teams on professionalism, career growth, development standards, automation and tools and processes such as Agile, Lean, etc.
• Develop overall strategic staffing and support plans as well as negotiating contracts and SLAs
• Engage with stakeholders to design Azure architect solution to meet Mastercard security, operations, and business requirements.
• Work with many service teams within Architecture and Technology to translate product use cases and requirements to industry-leading design, architecture and implementations.
• Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits and constraints.
• Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems and independently perform assigned tasks.
• Support defect management, code versioning, and code deployments.
• Ensure test coverage for unit testing and support integration and performance testing.
• Perform feature/enhancement estimates, demonstrations and related activities.
• Support level 3 production problem management including root cause identification and resolution.
• Regularly communicate with management about risk analysis and design trade-offs.
• Participate in development and code review of key functionalities.
All About You:
• Hands-on, high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function independently under pressure
• Proven history of building and managing implementation teams that deal with Azure Infrastructure As Code solutions
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – with strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills
• Experienced in Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google GCP and other products by public cloud providers
• Able to support production 24/7 environment as part of a global team
• Experienced in common REST, Batch, Messaging and Eventing development languages, frameworks and best practices
• Experienced with Jenkins, ADO or similar tools for automated CI/CD
• Experienced with a common Domain - Banking, Financial Services, Payments, Insurance, Retail, Technology, etc.
• Experienced with Security Architecture, Privacy & Security by design and vulnerability management
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150073