MasterCard Senior Software Engineer, Full-Stack, Crypto in California
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer, Full-Stack, Crypto
CipherTrace, a Mastercard company is a rapidly growing leader in cryptocurrency intelligence and compliance. Our team has introduced novel solutions to challenges including sanctions compliance for DeFi and the Crypto Travel Rule. Our mission is to grow the blockchain economy by making crypto safe for users and trusted by governments. CipherTrace operates on a global scale to assist banks, cryptocurrency exchanges, law enforcement agencies, regulators, VASPs and businesses in preventing fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity where cryptocurrency is involved.
The CipherTrace Senior Software Engineer, Full-Stack, Crypto will:
● Build the next generation cryptocurrency tools, law enforcement tools and
● Build a collaborative, nimble, happy and successful team.
● Plan and execute long term strategies that benefit the team and the product
● Discuss architecture and product decisions with engineers.
● Co-design software with product managers, designers, front-end, back-end,
and QA engineers.
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and who has a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
To be successful, you should have experience in the following areas:
● Collaborate with various functions, drive engineering initiatives.
● Conduct code reviews, review bugs, and make technical contributions to
● Knowledge and experience designing and developing front-end features using
● You have experience working with modern frontend frameworks (eg. React,
● Knowledge and experience designing and developing back-end features using
Python, SQL/noSQL, PostgreSQL, NodeJS, Restful APIs, Pub/Sub, Redis,
● You have experience shipping web applications and you are up to date on the
current state of the development ecosystem.
● Experience with remote teams and startup environments.
Nice to have
● Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
● Experience in blockchain technologies, DeFi, law enforcement software, or cryptocurrencies.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-170483