MasterCard Global Technical Support Specialist in Cairo, Egypt
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Global Technical Support Specialist
Job Description Summary
• This role reports through to the Manager, Customer Operations Support in the Welwyn Garden City Office for the MasterCard Payment Gateway Services Division
• Based within the Merchant Services space you will provide technical support to internal and external customers working a 7 day shift roster , each shift comprising of 7 hours, between 8am and 6.30pm
• Technical support is provided to customers following phone or email requests from both internal and external customers
• You will need to bring with you to this role your drive to learn and develop as well as demonstrate effective communication skills in both written and verbal forms
• Manage the administration of merchant on boarding, profile configuration and reporting
• Providing technical support to MasterCard customers, partners, service providers and other MasterCard departments for the operational support of the MasterCard Payment Gateway platform;
• Supports and manages technical incidents that are recorded and tracked within the CRM system and where required, raised to the Engineering team for development/bug fixes.
• Prepare and distribute communications with customers, partners, services providers and other MasterCard departments, including communications throughout incidents, as well as general reporting and informational communications;
• Complete daily, weekly and monthly administration tasks;
• Complete daily handover meetings with the Asia Pacific and US teams to ensure continuous follow the sun support
• Ensure that the Manager is always informed of workload status and details of key issues;
• Work to ensure that the team can meet or exceed agreed Service Level Agreements
• Adhere to and follow MasterCard policies and procedures in all activities;
• Continuously develop knowledge of all relevant MasterCard products and services;
All About You
Solid Customer Service experience
Solid understanding of ITIL model. ITIL certificates are desirable
Knowledge of eCommerce and payments' industry products and services
Good understanding of the internet, web programming languages Like PHP, Java and .Net
Good understanding of IP networking, the 7 layers of OSI model, and client-server interaction.
Good understanding of programming languages like PHP, JAVA, .NET, etc...
Strong Numerical and application log analytical skills
Knowledge of Unix/Linux Operating systems - Beneficial
SQL database query writing - Desirable
Proven ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with a diverse audience and adjust language style to meet needs of the audience as required
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-92710