MasterCard Communication Director (Egypt, Pakistan, Levant & North - West Africa) in Cairo, Egypt
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Communication Director (Egypt, Pakistan, Levant & North - West Africa)
• Mastercard is looking for a passionate, strategic and innovative Communications leader to manage its integrated communications activities across Egypt, Pakistan, LEVANT & North-West Africa (NWA) region.
• This role is responsible for developing and executing annual communications plans (including PR, online and social media, events, trade shows, video production, product launches, influencer campaigns and collateral) to help raise awareness of Mastercard’s products and technologies, generate demand and preference, and ensure ROI across all related activities.
Strategy & Planning:
o Works in close partnership with the country and divisional teams to develop and drive integrated Marketing and Communications plans in alignment with the business objectives and priorities.
o Leads the development and execution of strategies related to external, internal and public affairs communications for Egypt, Pakistan, LEVANT & NWA region consisting of 6 markets in total (Egypt, Pakistan, Lebanon, Jordan, Morocco & Algeria).
o Oversees all PR and media relations engagement and activity across the Egypt, Pakistan, LEVANT & NWA region and responsible for managing relationships with key influencers and journalists.
o Ability to determine the right media mix to use in support of planned product/service launches and corporate announcements
o Leads the creation of communication materials for internal and external audiences (e.g. customers, regulators, merchants, media, employees and sales force) including, press releases, internal and external briefing documents, speeches, sales materials and content for use on social media channels.
o Manages annual events calendar for Egypt, Pakistan, LEVANT & NWA markets and holds responsibility for overseeing execution/delivery of all relevant events.
Corporate Social Responsibility:
o Leads local strategy development and execution of both Mastercard-led and non-Mastercard partner-led philanthropic programs to increase visibility and drive employee engagement
o Manages all relevant suppliers/partner relationships across the Egypt, Pakistan, LevantEVANT & NWA region (PR Agency, Event Management Agency, etc)
• Establishes and maintains productive relationships with strategic external stakeholder groups (e.g. communication departments of banks, merchants, mobile operators, media partners, community leaders and governments)
• Serves as a trusted counselor on issues related to communications and reputation
• Works collaboratively with Middle East and Africa Regional Communications and Worldwide Communications teams to support initiatives and projects
Profile & Key Skills
• Strong communication experience with a track record in MENA
• Outstanding communications skills
• Strong content development capabilities
• Digital first mindset from a PR/online/social perspective, with experience of working on influencer campaigns
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with competing deadlines
• Experience in independently setting and strategically managing multiple project budgets
• Experience managing and engaging with senior leaders in an organization, and supporting them at speaking events and conferences
• Working knowledge of Egypt, Pakistan, LEVANT & NWA markets, their culture, media and business environment
• Fluency in Arabic & English is essential (please do not apply if you are not proficient in both – a dual language writing test will form part of the interview process). French is an advantage.
• Ability to navigate a matrixed organization with multiple internal stakeholder groups
• The position will be based out of Cairo Office and travel will be required up to 250% of the time
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-92918