MasterCard Senior Managing Consultant, Advisors in Buenos Aires, Argentina
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Managing Consultant, Advisors
Senior Managing Consultant, Processing Subject Matter Expert (SME), Advisors
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, data-driven information and risk management services.
While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
MAKE AN IMPACT AS A SENIOR MANAGING CONSULTANT AND PROCESSING SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
As a Senior Managing Consultant and processing subject matter expert, you will be a trusted client business advisor, and scope, lead and advise on processing focused client engagements. As a subject matter expert, you will partner with the Business Development team to develop and pitch engagements that can leverage Mastercard data and consulting knowledge in Processing. You will also be a resource for enabling centralized training and knowledge management, leading engagement teams to best in class insights and project deliverables.
Leading the work of the project delivery team, you will provide subject matter and industry expertise, be a resource to others to identify creative and efficient solutions and guide the team to business-focused recommendations that drive client value. Responsibilities as the engagement leader will include owning and cultivating mid- to senior-level client relationships, while proactively engaging with the client agenda and internal culture to manage relationship risks.
You will mentor and coach junior teammates outside of direct engagement teams and engender effective contribution to Mastercard’s knowledge management initiatives and best practices within processing. At Mastercard, you are expected to have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients’ businesses, while also taking a leading role in shaping the organization’s future.
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in guiding project teams towards delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients
• Subject Matter Expertise: Americas go-to person for processing, assisting with specialist sales support while demonstrating consulting capabilities in the processing space towards prospects, clients and within the organization; support product development/refinement, focused on knowledge sharing and development of team members
• Problem Solving: Leads teams to identify the most critical aspects of a problem, while guiding toward business-focused solutions and recommendations that drive client value. Initiates changes to project direction where required, with an ability to decide and act without the total picture
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and opportunity identification by leveraging qualitative and quantitative skills. Leads team to effective and efficient technical capability usage, regardless of context
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions and how digital helps address clients’ problems
• Client Management: Inspire client confidence through recognition of specialization, timely and reliable execution. Develop stakeholder management plans to align priorities, while addressing support and resistance
• Communication and Presence: Leads composition of complete deliverables and other written communication. Demonstrates an ability to communicate verbally in a wide range of complex scenarios, up to senior management levels
• Teamwork: Motivates medium size teams or key workstreams on large engagements to produce superior quality deliverables, while creating an open collaboration environment for all levels, with a will to win attitude. As the subject matter expert on project teams, provide on-the-job training on how to more effectively execute digital projects
• Commercial Orientation: Ability to identify significant opportunities to leverage digital, including identification of cross-selling opportunities beyond direct project work. Partner with broader Data & Services teammates on contracting activities, leveraging the knowledge of Data & Services capabilities and how they fit together to create relevant solutions for clients
• Leadership: Instill a sense of urgency, ownership and empowerment, while encouraging thoughtful risk taking among leaders at all levels. Structures work so it aligns with team members’ goals and motivators
• Integrity: Models Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity. Follows through on commitments and helps others do the same
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity
• Undergraduate degree (master as a plus)
• Relevant experience in the processing business, at one or ideally more players within the whole payments ecosystem, such as acquirer, acquiring transaction processor, payment service provider, payment facilitator, issuing processor, or in a payments role at a large merchant or other processing related business
• Knowledge of processing products and services, value chain and ecosystem
• Additional relevant experience in adjacent areas can be a plus
• Experience in a consulting organization as a consultant is a bonus
• Experience directly managing multiple people across multiple projects
• Experience as a mentor
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and the ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
• Demonstrated ability to own and develop relationships with both mid- and executive-level client contacts and inspire confidence in Mastercard Advisors as a sought-after partner
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and balance thought with action while getting the most out of limited resources
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills required
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as weel as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-159015