MasterCard Director, Tax – LAC Argentina in Buenos Aires, Argentina
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Tax – LAC Argentina
The successful candidate will join Mastercard’s LAC tax team and will report to the Vice President Tax, for the LAC region, based in Miami, Florida. This position is responsible for the overall effective tax planning and tax compliance for Mastercard’s business in Argentina. The position will ensure that tax opportunities in Argentina are optimized and tax risks are well managed.
Stewardship & Compliance: overall responsibility for tax compliance, tax provision and statutory compliance which includes the following key areas:
• Ensure a robust process is in place for the timely completion of tax provisions
• Work with external consultants for the timely completion and filing of tax returns and other compliance requirements, such as VAT, Turnover Tax and Transfer Pricing, where opportunities are optimized, and tax risks areas are adequately addressed
• Responsible for tax accounting under US GAAP including tax provision and tax reserves (ASC 740 and ASC 740-10) for both interim and annual periods
• Ensure adequate defense documentation is in place to support the positions taken in the tax return
• Management of tax audits and development of strategies in closing the audits that is in the best interests of the Company
• Payroll taxes and issues are out of scope unless there is a specific matter related to impacts on corporate income tax returns, as coordinated with HR Payroll and external advisors
• Business partner to business units and teams to deliver solutions that are tax efficient and at the same time meet their business objectives. This includes the review and provision of tax input on potential/new business cases, new markets, new products, contracts, M&A, policies and guidelines
• Remain current on, and help to keep colleagues aware of, proposed and enacted tax law changes which may impact Mastercard in Argentina
• Work with the VP, Tax to develop and implement tax planning projects impacting Argentina
• Independently and effectively manage the relationship with internal business partners and external parties such as outside counsel and government agencies
• Externally, would communicate with senior managers and partners of consulting firms in defining scope of tax engagements, negotiation of fees and in the performance of the engagements. Would also be required to communicate with tax and other government agencies on issues/incentives and influences internal stakeholders on desired outcomes.
• Solid knowledge of the tax law and practice and the latest tax developments in Argentina. In-depth knowledge of international tax principles and concepts to be able to assess if advice given by outside consultants is sound.
All About You
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, including ability and desire to communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with others throughout Mastercard Tax, Finance, and Business Units
• Team player with strong project management skills, and a strong desire to learn and contribute to the company’s overall objectives
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to organize, manage, and work independently to accomplish multiple tasks within established deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Fluent in English and Spanish, oral and written
• Tax experience in public accounting or in-house multi-national corporate tax department, with expertise and focus on Argentina
• B.A. in Accounting, Masters in Tax a plus
• Professional certification (CPA) / Argentina equivalent preferred
• Competent in Microsoft office software
• Knowledge of US GAAP preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-141362