MasterCard Consultant, Advanced Analytics in Buenos Aires, Argentina
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Consultant, Advanced Analytics
The Advisors Client Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, delivering the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. W
Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Advisors Client Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
As a Consultant in Analytics, you will have the opportunity to lead participate client engagements across a
range of industries.
• Develop data-driven innovative analytical solutions through activities like automated data pipelines, designing data architecture/schema, building reports, performing jobs in big data cluster by using different execution engines and program languages such as Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Python, Spark, R, SQL, design, implementation, automation, and maintenance for large scale ETL processes supporting multiple business units, etc.
• Leverage industry best practices including proper use of source control, participation in code reviews, data validation and testing.
• Apply quality control, data validation, and cleansing processes to new and existing data sources.
• Participate in structuring, writing and presenting project deliverables and steering committee presentations from a workstream or project level.
• Identifies engagement risks in immediate area of responsibility.
• Identifies client challenges and brings ideas on opportunities to the attention of senior Mastercard Advisors staff.
• Implement best practices in Data Governance to ensure the data is available, usable and secure according to internal policies.
• Project management responsibilities will include building strong relationships with mid-level client management.
At Mastercard, you are expected to not only have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients, but also have a leading role in shaping the organization’s future.
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and
recommendations to our clients.
• Analytical Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills.
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
• Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, positioning Mastercard’s solutions as high value solutions in sales and delivery conversations.
• Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude.
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embraceand learn from our mistakes.
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or
• Advanced degree in Statistics/ Mathematics/ / Computer Science/ Data Science/ Computer Engineering/ Technology with an emphasis on business applications.
• At least 3 years of data management experience, demonstrating exceptional analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills, including the proven ability to analyze large amounts of data and synthesize key findings and recommendations.
• Expertise with Relational Database Management systems and technologies, preferably with Microsoft SQL Server and the SSIS stack. Experience with Alteryx is a plus.
• Ability to easily move between business, data management, and technical teams; ability to quickly intuit the business use case and identify technical solutions to enable it.
• Knowledge of machine learning and statistical techniques (predictive modelling, logistic regression, survival analysis, timeseries modelling, design of experiments, decision trees, data mining methods, and other advanced statistical and machine learning techniques) is a plus.
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges.
• Advanced knowledge of SQL (required), Python or R, and Hadoop (Cloudera, GCP or AWS)..
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required.
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Domo, PowerBI is a plus.
• Willingness to learn other software applications as needed.
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the
local office language(s).
• Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with both junior and senior level client
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants preferred.
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-175258