MasterCard Project Manager, Advisors Client Services in Budapest, Hungary
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Project Manager, Advisors Client Services
Are you a strategic thinker?
Do you welcome challenges and have a solution-oriented mindset?
Do you thrive taking over responsibility in teams and driving innovation, impact, and value?
If so, Mastercard Advisors is looking for people like you to join our growing team in Budapest. Reach out to us to find out more about the engaging and impactful career opportunities in strategy consulting with Mastercard’s team! As a Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead engagements with our key clients in the financial services and payment industry and gain unique insights.
What is Mastercard Advisors?
The Advisors team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge strategy consulting services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional strategic management consulting with our rich data assets to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations.
Make an Impact as a Project Manager!
A Project Manager in our team:
• Generates key hypotheses and independently structures workstreams for large, strategically important mainly regional and global clients
• Oversees the day-to-day work of the project team, identifying creative and useful analyses to address client problems, synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations, and create effective, impactful storylines and slides
• Identifies client challenges beyond the day-to-day work with a client and develops structured solution approaches to address these challenges
• Is responsible for building strong relationships with mid-level client management and independently assessing client agenda, internal culture, and change readiness
• Supports to scope and secure new client engagements
Experiences & Qualifications we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
• Experience in a consulting organization working as a consultant for at least 5 years
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in English– both verbally and in writing
• Proven track record in analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to provide key insights to our clients
• Experience directly managing multiple people across multiple workstreams
• Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with both junior- and senior-level client contacts
• Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Excel, and PowerPoint skills required
• Exposure specifically in the financial services industry preferred, but not a must
What we offer:
Apart from working in a highly innovative industry within a collaborative, diverse and motivated team, and an attractive salary, our employees in Hungary enjoy a variety of benefits including the following:
• Bonus plan
• Premium health insurance
• Travel and Life insurance
• Employer-backed pension plan
• Dedicated people leader supporting career journey at Mastercard and professional growth
• Work from everywhere (possibility to work from a different country for 4 weeks/year)
• Flexibility on remote work
• 16 weeks of fully paid Paternity/Adoption leave
• Access to learning and development courses (Mastercard supported MBA programs)
• 5 community outreach and volunteering days per calendar year
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-182897