MasterCard Managing Consultant, MasterCard Advisors in Budapest, Hungary
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Managing Consultant, MasterCard Advisors
Managing Consultant – Mastercard Advisors
• Are you motivated by developing new consulting models, leading to insights into issues and developing recommendations that add real value to clients?
• Can you develop key hypotheses and construct logical storylines?
• Do you want to play a key role in driving a world beyond cash?
All About Us
Mastercard Advisors, the professional services arm of Mastercard, provides payments-focused consulting services (including business strategy, value proposition & operating model design, performance optimisation, marketing, information and risk management) to financial institutions and merchants worldwide.
With its unique payments expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, Mastercard Advisors has established a strong track record of successfully addressing the challenges and opportunities of its clients.
We provide an unrivalled employee experience through:
•A unique multi-cultural environment with multi-country reach and exposure
•Impactful strategy and marketing engagements
•Part of the strong team of Eastern European Cluster: 10 countries, 75 projects, a rapidly growing team
•A sustainable work-life balance and sustainable travel requirements
•High level of independence with strong supervision and support from more experienced management consultants
•Being a core part of Mastercard, a key innovator in the payments industry
As part of the team you will be contributing to the technological development of payments in the future. An ideal candidate shows strong interest in management consulting, has the ability to take on full responsibility for multiple projects, and a strong presence when meeting with key stakeholders.
The Managing Consultant is an active team member who contributes to projects and manages small to medium engagements for Mastercard Advisors clients. Whilst this individual is not expected to be a subject matter expert in the payment cards industry, they will demonstrate expertise in consulting engagement management experience and professional problem-solving skills.
Key tasks include:
• Acting as a reliable partner for the executives of client team
• Planning, organizing and structuring team work to manage time and effort effectively within project budget / profitability expectations
• Implementing/communicating strategies to achieve goals, acting as advisor to and maintaining ongoing relationships with client executives
• Rigorously and logically identifying issues covering entire client problems
• Supervising more junior colleagues and taking on project management responsibilities for multiple client engagements
• Applying a range of quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques to rigorously identify client issues and synthesise the analysis into clear, sound recommendations
• Structuring and preparing reports and client steering committee presentations
• Presenting reports to key stakeholders for review and feedback
• Extracting intellectual capital from engagement work and actively developing and share tools, methods and best practices across projects
• Proactively seeking new knowledge and structuring client work to facilitate the capture of Intellectual Capital with minimal oversight
• Building network of contacts and internal relationships across Mastercard to support information gathering and data analysis
• Generating key hypotheses and independently structuring work at the work stream or project level
• Synthesizing analyses into clear, sound recommendations; takes responsibility for structuring and writing reports and steering committee presentations from a works stream or project level. Reviews reports to ensure accuracy, quality and timeliness.
• Assuming overall project management responsibilities for projects; identifying project staffing resources
• Developing, defining and reviewing required analyses
• Supporting Mastercard Advisors and local market account teams in client relationship management and business development efforts
All About You
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification. Advanced degree or MBA preferred
Consulting experience from a top-rated consulting firm desirable, as is payments/bankcard expertise and experience helping financial institutions at the senior management level , with:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to work on a team or independently
Languages: Local Language, Fluent English other language skills highly desirable
Key Words: Engagement Manager, Management Consultant, Strategy Consultant, Consultant, Strategy Manager
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-96299