MasterCard Consultant, Program Management in Budapest, Hungary
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Consultant, Program Management
All About Us
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
All About the Role
Make an Impact as a Consultant, Advisors Strategic Program Management
Advisors Strategic Program Management is an execution-oriented client facing competency that applies proven, accredited change skills and domain experience to partner with clients and help them drive measurable value by:
• Delivering new products and strategies to market smoothly and efficiently
• Successfully implementing complex technology assets and delivering the most challenging transformation programs to create the new business as usual
• Strengthening client’s internal skills, knowledge and experience in critical areas
• Transforming client processes and optimizing their management practices
As a Consultant you will manage individual projects with minimal supervision, including tracking metrics, handling complex analyses, and preparing communications to report back to client and internal leadership. You will develop practical recommendations, contribute to team discussions on implications of analyses and work alongside the client’s staff on each project, assisting with implementation tasks.
All About You
• Experience in delivery of multiple small and large projects with high values and risk
• Able to apply an appropriate delivery methodology, create, execute and track multiple project work plans and revise, adjust as appropriate to remain aligned with goals and targeted benefits
• Able to identify resources and assign responsibilities, track and forecast effort and report on expense vs earned value.
• Undertaking training in pursuit of and/or interested in formal accreditation in a recognized PM/PMO/ Change/Service management methodology
• Develops effective working relations with client program delivery personnel
• Identifies client challenges and brings ideas on opportunities to leverage Mastercard and/or Data & Services capabilities to the attention of the Client Business Leader
• Establishes themselves as a strong ‘brand ambassador’ for Mastercard and Data & Services
• Strong communication skills to present relevant program information to management and stakeholders
• Effective problem solver, independently identifying risks and issues, suggesting mitigating actions and potential solutions
• Be a strong manager of time, budgets. Able to manage team members, planning coordinating and organizing their tasks and activities
All About Your Education & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification
• Planning to/interested in pursuing recognized professional accreditation (e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP))
• Fluent local office language and English required, other languages desirable
• Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants preferred
• Comfortable with significant client interaction and interest in building relationships
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required, knowledge of Project Management tools preferred
• Willingness to travel
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121066