MasterCard Senior Engineer, Software Engineering in Brisbane, Australia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Engineer, Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
• We are looking for talented developers for the Continuous Engineering (CE) team with experience in designing Java software for distributed, highly available systems, where system performance is critical.
• The team needs people who have great problem solving and troubleshooting skills. People who can think out-of-the-box addressing problems from different angles. Resourcefulness is key.
• Do you have payments/ecommerce industry experience and looking to try something new in 2019?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Have you mentored professionals of diverse skills and experience?
• Provide technical expertise for payment applications, which include secure, mission critical transaction processing systems.
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Perform system maintenance, production incident problem management, identification of root cause, remediation of the problems.
• Investigate and troubleshoot customer reported issues and propose solutions which meet customer requirements along with architectural and business requirements.
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing.
• Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards
• Develop a deep understanding of the industry and how it operates.
• Collaborate with team members and internal stakeholders to ensure requirements meet customer needs.
• Mentor and guide less experienced developers.
• Collaborate with Operations to ensure successful production deployment of software.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Previous experience as a SW Engineer or related field.
• Previous experience in delivering solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
• Broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Experience developing large scale Java code and/or web user interfaces.
• Current experience in delivering innovative technical solutions to meet business and product strategies.
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Keen to work in a challenging environment where quick learning and resourcefulness are key.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-84977