MasterCard Platform Engineer in Brisbane, Australia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
• APAC Regional Infrastructure Delivery manage our systems, networks and data centres, with a goal to deliver secure, scalable and resilient infrastructure and software deployment capability for our solutions globally
• Effectively contribute to implementing and maintaining highly secure, highly available and robust global hosted payments solutions
• Support system engineering level activities for contracted hosted installations
• Maintain procedural documentation
• Provide support and back-up to other IT Engineering resources as required
• Build and maintain production and pre-production environments
• Work within datacenters deploying new hardware, troubleshooting existing installations
• Continually review and provide feedback on how to improve Infrastructure Delivery processes including deployment, failover, data protection etc and develop procedures to facilitate these processes
• Activity participate in a working environment committed to quality human resource management practices including equal employment opportunity, workplace health and safety and ethical behavior
• Given the nature of the organisation and the environment, the role may require out of standard hours work to minimise downtimes occasionally.
All About You
• Demonstrated experience in the maintenance and ongoing support of hosted software and hardware configurations using web technologies in production environments
• Intermediate level of experience with Linux Systems Administration – Monitoring, Clustering, Scripting (bash/Python) and Automation, Storage
• Intermediate level of TCP/IP network troubleshooting knowledge – Routing, Switching, Firewalls, SSL
• Understanding of VMware vSphere – VM Deployment, Monitoring, Management and Storage
• Demonstrated experience working within datacenters in racking, cabling and adhearing to change control processes
• Experience with Dell, Cisco and EMC hardware
• Familiarity in web technologies and web hosting
• Understanding of system and application monitoring solutions
• Fault detection, resolution and troubleshooting
• Experience in large scale, high availability, high impact systems
• Experience with Configuration Management and related tools, specifically puppet and Chef
• Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-76056