MasterCard Manager, HR Business Partner (maternity leave contract) in Brisbane, Australia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, HR Business Partner (maternity leave contract)
Our people is the most important asset to the company. Mastercard spares no effort to invest on our people. We stick to our commitment and provide every opportunity for our employee’s development which is aligned with employees’ personal development aspiration and business needs, as well as a great employee experience.
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, ANZ, the Manager, HR Business Partner is accountable for the human resources management in Brisbane, support for his/her employee group as well as involvement in additional HR Projects as and when required.
This is a 12-15 month maternity leave position commencing January 2020.
• Partners closely with business leaders to implement HR Strategy
• Partners with COEs, GBSC and other HRBPs to ensure processes and initiatives are successfully implemented and effectively developed
• Applies knowledge of local laws and regulations to provide high-touch, employee–facing support in the areas of talent management, employee relations, total rewards, recruitment and development.
• Implements HR strategies and talent initiatives for the Brisbane Operations & Technology office
• Oversees the delivery of HR projects and programs and monitors progress against timelines and budgets
• Delivers communication for talent planning, Compensation planning and change-management processes
• Partners with management to ensure a successful performance management process and a successful change management delivery
• Responsible for planning and implementing leadership development, performance management, rewards and change management initiatives
• Participates in the day-to-day delivery of local HR operations and serves as the first point of contact for all regional HR inquiries
• Oversees data collection and reporting to apply quantitative and qualitative data to HR process improvement and development
All About You
• Whilst supported by your extended team in Sydney and the US, this is an individual contributor role that would suit an experienced and resilient HR professional who enjoys rolling up their sleeves
• Previous experience in managing an operations and technology workforce is ideal but not essential
• Demonstrated ability to undertake operational generalist HR duties plus provide strategic advice and guidance to senior management
• Suitable candidates will demonstrate success coordinating and delivering corporate HR programs/processes (e.g., talent management, year-end compensation planning) and reporting on progress
• Strong executive presence, demonstrated success when consulting with leaders and other stakeholders on the local HR issues
• Experience building relationships and collaborating with other key stakeholders
• Effectively manage stakeholders and leaders and show courage to advocate your point of view when required
• Familiarity and ability to build relationships and work collaboratively in global and matrixed organisation
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-99081