MasterCard Consultant, Software Engineering-2 in Brisbane, Australia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Consultant, Software Engineering-2
Mastercard envisions a world beyond cash. We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Our Payment Gateway Services division offers industry leading, global payment processing services and advanced fraud management solutions - for merchants, industry, partners and acquiring banks. We provide simplified payment processing through omni bank channels and flexible merchant integration. Our global and localised solutions support a wide range of payments methods: electronic wallets, online bank transfers and domestic bank cards. We do all this at speed while providing maximum data security through full PCI DSS compliance and sophisticated fraud prevention technology.
We are looking for talented developers with experience in designing Java software for distributed, highly available systems, where system performance is critical.
As a consultant software engineer you will report to the manager of your agile development team. You will ensure we are delivering performant, high quality software to our customers by:
• Providing technical expertise for applications, which include secure, mission critical transaction processing systems.
• Designing and building commercial Java-based, SOA, highly available applications, where system performance is critical.
• Mentoring and guiding less experienced developers.
• Collaborating with team members and internal stakeholders to ensure requirements meet customer needs.
• Producing innovative technical solutions to meet business and product strategies.
• Working within a system made up of over 100 services.
• Collaborating with DevOps to ensure successful production deployment.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Experience developing large scale Java services and/or web user interfaces.
• Knowledge of security concerns such as OWASP Top 10 and PCI DSS.
• Enjoy working with other developers to solve difficult problems.
• Actively involved in your own professional development and skills growth.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-132886