MasterCard VP of Infrastructure & Cloud Operations in Boston, Massachusetts
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
VP of Infrastructure & Cloud Operations
As the VP of Infrastructure & Cloud Operations, you will have the unique opportunity to contribute to our rapidly growing Merchant Loyalty SaaS platform in a leadership position. We have some of the world’s most interesting people working on some of the most interesting projects for some of the world’s biggest and best brands.
The VP of Infrastructure & Cloud Operations will work closely with the SVP of Engineering, to lead our Infrastructure Engineering and Cloud Operations teams focused on ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of our high-volume platform. You will lead our DevOps transformation. The ideal candidate will be a creative, and critical, thinker who can drive execution and handle many tasks simultaneously with efficiency and effectiveness.
What we’re looking for in you
● Passion for customers, technology and great products
● Natural leader who leads by example
● Builder of great teams and great talent. You will be managing teams and rapidly leading their global expansion
● Positive attitude, open-minded, great listener, with an inclusive style that encourages all viewpoints
● Demonstrated success in being a proactive change agent, with a vision to transform internal systems and operations as needed to fully support our business
● Strong executive presence and leadership resulting in the ability to forge cross-functional partnerships and drive strong, organization results
● Confident and effective communicator able to work closely with cross-functional teams and collaborate with all members of the organization to define and achieve holistic business and technical objectives
● Cloud operations leader with AWS experience and exposure to Azure or Google Cloud
● Security-first mindset with ability to rapidly learn and adapt to the ever changing security landscape
● Real world experience successfully managing global 24/7/365 operations, escalation procedures and on-call staff
● Proven track record of an automation first approach to solve problems at scale
● Real world experience with large multi-stack distributed systems
● Highly engaged technologist with broad experience across a variety of operations and services including infrastructure as code, CI/CD pipelines, real-time OLTP systems, heterogeneous environments (Linux & windows), serverless & containerized deployments, and zero trust security
● Outcome driven functional leader capable of establishing, and meeting, key performance indicators and service level agreements for continually improving the performance of our cloud operations
● Strategic thinker with a strong knowledge of industry best practices and a passion for learning in order to drive the creation and execution of roadmaps outlining the technology strategy and the investments in infrastructure that will enable the company’s strategic plans
● Efficiency-minded executor with the ability to strike the right balance between process and consistency and rapidly iterative improvement
● Extensive experience delivering large scale cloud-native product operations and leadership; you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-130613