MasterCard Vice President, Product Management in Boston, Massachusetts
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Product Management
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
Within the Data & Services organization, the Consulting and Innovation Solutions (CIS) organization is focused on creating, evolving and delivering superior Consulting products and services as well as Labs engagements. The Regional Product Management teams are accountable for the full P&L of the products and the Client Services teams ensure that all projects and programs are efficiently and successfully completed.
This role is responsible for:
• Regional P&L ownership for the CIS products across NAM
• Ensuring the global product roadmap takes into consideration the regional point of view
• Ensuring successful sales of the product through Mastercard’s regional executives and regional sales teams
• Maximizing use of scalable product sets in the region
• Acting in the region as the link between regional sales and global product and delivery as well as the regional Mastercard team
• Ensuring flawless delivery of the product and maintaining the highest standards of quality in our customer relationships
Candidates for this role will likely have answered ‘yes’ to the following questions:
• Do you have a track record of successfully managing a P&L?
• Are you comfortable with payments consulting?
• Are you comfortable with influencing and negotiating with top executives?
• Are you motivated by working in a flat hierarchy and making broad contributions?
• Are you interested in solving problems through technology and software?
• Accountability for delivering top and bottom line success for the CIS product lines across NAM
• Ability to effectively contribute to the development of the Consulting product road map
• Innovative leadership to continue evolving our product suite and drive future success
• Interface with Mastercard leadership across the regional organization to represent the suite of products
• Provide expert sales support and ensure close partnership with the Sales team so they are fully equipped to sell the products
• Ability to be a client-facing expert sales resource
• Development and refinement of Delivery models to ensure flawless and efficient Delivery
• Build strong relationships across Mastercard at all levels
• Ensure all critical KPIs are met or exceeded including:
o Regional Product P&L
o Scalability (number of scalable projects regionally)
o Contribution to regional Mastercard goals
All About You
• Experience with Product P&L management
• Desire to roll up sleeves and make direct contributions
• Strong collaboration and ability to partner effectively with virtual, fast-paced teams
• Interest in technology and desire to apply technology to solve problems
• Strong communicator and influencer
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with senior executives
• Knowledge of the financial services industry, ideally including both retail banking and payments
• Strong project management skills
• Previous top consulting background strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-176073