MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Test in Boston, Massachusetts
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Our Mastercard Loyalty QA team, located in Boston, seeks for a Senior QA professional with a strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security, quality practices and testing tools.
We are looking to hire software developers that are eager to have a significant influence on our full stack technology overhaul using nothing but the best products, patterns and practices! At Mastercard we are seeking developers that want to implement 99.9% test automation. Our scrum teams have already transformed, and our automated suites run as part of the Continuous Development pipeline. Our regression suite is 90% automated. We are looking for developers who have a keen eye for quality, security and attention to detail. The ideal candidate is seeking a technically challenging environment and will strive to continuously improve the test automation frameworks, the test infrastructure and the testing process.
• As an active participant in an Agile/Scrum environment, you are accountable for the testing, quality and usability of the delivered product
• Drive a security security-minded testing and making sure we release a secure compliant code
• You partner with a cross functional team that includes product managers and other developers to understand new functionality and technology innovations.
• You design test solutions and implement frameworks to advance test automation adoption of the development teams.
• You create reusable automated tests using modern frameworks to verify new features, micro services, APIs, websites and back end systems.
• You create comprehensive and well-structured test cases
• You perform integration testing, functional testing and regression testing
• You provide leadership with respect to test automation best practices and implementation, as well as coach and train others.
• You drive continuous improvement in test coverage and test effectiveness.
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelors in Computer Science or technical related degree or equivalent experience.
• Ability to understand new concepts quickly, and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic, agile environment.
• Knowledgeable with Continuous Integration & Delivery principles with an eye for automation
• Experience using testing frameworks like Mocha, Postman, k6.io.
• Experience with testing of REST API Microservices.
• Working knowledge of SQL and/or other relational databases.
• Excellent knowledge of QA principles within SDLC.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our Technology Stack
• Web Tier – React
• App Tier – Ruby, .Net Core, Go Lang.
Queue – Rabbit MQ, Kafka.
• Data Tier – AWS S3, Dynamo, SQL, Athena, Cassandra
• Testing – Cypress, Postman (with Newman)
• Performance Testing: k6.io
• Cloud: AWS
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137810