MasterCard Senior Managing Consultant, Loyalty Strategy in Boston, Massachusetts
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Managing Consultant, Loyalty Strategy
Mastercard Advisors is looking for a Senior Managing Consultant (equivalent to Director) to join its Loyalty Strategy team based in Boston. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to work with clients across industries, advising them on how to best drive customer loyalty. Our clients are global, household brands that you know, meaning you’ll see the tangible impact of your work firsthand when you go out to eat, grab a coffee, or go shopping.
We advise our clients on their full end-to-end loyalty journey, meaning you’ll experience work that starts with a blank page and goes all the way through running a live loyalty program. We approach our work from the perspective of both our clients and their customers, so you will get the unique opportunity to work at the intersection of human behavior and business. You will direct engagements driven by teams of 2-4 consultants to deliver both strategy and implementation projects. You will also serve as a strategic advisor to senior clients throughout the engagement.
Our team is close-knit and growing rapidly - you’re a good fit if you enjoy working with smart and motivated people. Join us as we shape the future of loyalty and customer engagement.
• Be the senior lead on consulting engagements: Direct client-facing project teams of 2-4 consultants on diverse projects involving:
o Strategy – loyalty program design, customer research, journey mapping, customer segmentation
o Analytics – financial ROI modeling, a/b/n testing, predictive analytics
o Implementation – cross-functional management to launch new loyalty programs
• Lead clients: Cultivate lasting relationships with senior clients (VP+) at leading brands, becoming a trusted ally who can be relied upon to deliver sound advice throughout the consulting engagement
• Solve complex problems: Strategically guide consulting teams in using a hypothesis-driven approach to help brands solve complex problems, overseeing recommended solutions through execution to achieve quantified impact
• Provide loyalty expertise: Develop a deep understanding of loyalty strategy and industry trends to direct best-in-class consulting engagements
• Innovate: Opportunistically identify and guide innovation efforts as we continue to push the boundaries of customer loyalty
• Experience in loyalty, CRM, digital marketing, and/or personalization at an established brand and/or top consulting firm
• Experience leading projects at top consulting firm, professional services organization, or strategy function of an established organization
• Strong executive presence with experience engaging Fortune 1000 executives
• Excellent ability to break down and communicate complex ideas in dynamic situations
• Affinity for quantitative analysis and telling a story with data
• Enjoy fostering collaboration within a team and developing team members
• High level of ownership, quantitative acumen, and entrepreneurship
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-168526