MasterCard Director, Merchant Loyalty Sales-1 in Boston, Massachusetts
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Merchant Loyalty Sales-1
Director level role focused on our Loyalty platforms, leveraged by 300+ clients globally and growing revenue with new clients in key segments (Retail, Restaurants, Travel, Digital, CPG, Telco, Automotive).
• Responsible for developing and executing the sales strategy for a key set of prospect accounts within North America to secure multimillion-dollar, multi-year deals
• Build and develop a cold pipeline into an active one, ultimately progressing to signed platform deals
• Ability to message the benefits of bundling SessionM with other Data & Services products (Test & Learn, MRS, Managed Services, SpendingPulse, Customer Data Enhancement, Audiences, etc.)
• Ability to advocate for funding incentives the Market Development team and with Mastercard Core
• Strong communication and influencing skills, should be a compelling presenter to senior client audiences and able to influence large deals
• Ability to seamlessly partner across our Data & Services Sales CBL population
• Excellent problem solving and analytics skills and should be able to go head to head with internal stakeholders and customers alike with fact-based thinking
• Will serve as the face of Mastercard D&S to senior level client stakeholders, including c-suite
All About You
• Required: Deep understanding of Enterprise Marketing SaaS Platforms and/or Loyalty Strategy Consulting
• Preferred: Experience selling for a competitive SaaS platform or Loyalty Consulting agency
• Strong commercial drive with ability to build and monetize senior client relationships based on empathy, thought leadership, subject matter expertise and business value
• Can thrive in a highly matrixed sales environment where team selling is critical
• Strong software or data driven solution selling background with success with 4-6+ month sales cycles; never give up attitude, excellent at building relationships through networking and outbound prospecting
• Substantial previous experience in progressively complex hunting sales within Retail / Restaurants / CPG / Travel / or Digital, ideally with a rolodex of C-Level / EVP / SVP contacts
• Ability to thrive and build robust pipeline with limited lead generation support
• The location is flexible provided there is open to 50%+ travel within the North American region
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-140248