MasterCard Finance Manager (Balkans cluster) in Belgrade, Serbia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Finance Manager (Balkans cluster)
The Mastercard Europe Finance team is currently hiring a strong candidate to support a cluster including Romania, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia and Montenegro at Mastercard. The Finance Manager plays a key role in assessing the financial impact of strategic and market development activities for the cluster and acts as financial advisor and business partner. He or she will report to the Central Eastern Europe Finance Officer (DFO) and will be in charge of planning, reporting and other finance tasks for the cluster. The Manager should have a Finance background and experience in Planning and Accounting. The position will be based in Bucharest, Romania or Belgrade, Serbia.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Ensure Finance is at all times closely integrated with, and positively supports the business by providing the necessary information to maximize revenue, profitability and efficiency.
• Provide financial insights to leadership, leveraging an advanced understanding of budgeting, long range plan and ongoing forecasting at detailed levels; assists in creating the quarterly review and reporting.
• Support management to achieve financial results, highlighting risks & opportunities and providing recommendation/ guidance for business to take appropriate business decision.
• Lead the preparation of annual, monthly and quarterly forecasting/budgeting, performance reporting and variance analysis
• Own assessment of new customer account deals, pricing opportunities, and new market development opportunities
• Assess and reviewing financial impact of new Customer Business Agreements (CBA) with Account managers. Build pipeline of CBA opportunities and review and forecast deal performance
• Act as a Business partner interacting with management team, account managers, marketing, services, and central Europe finance team
• Provide measurable input into key Finance processes and activities (e.g. FP&A, Controller's group, Pricing, Business Planning, and BDF) and act as a change agent to better these processes, including process automation and enhancing reporting capabilities to meet the needs of stakeholders
All About you:
• University degree in Accounting or Finance
• Track record of building internal and external business partnerships; develops and leverages key relationships to understand the needs and objectives of stakeholders
• Wide experience in financial analysis and accounting
• Advanced knowledge of Excel; knowledge of Oracle and OFA is a plus
• Experience in modeling and performing predictive analytics to review complex financial and operational analysis and scenarios. Advising on business risk and opportunity considerations, leveraging analytical techniques as well as outside trends and events
• Structured and well organized, able to work efficiently under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Proficiency in data management and process automation
• Strong Planning and Analytical skills with an eye for details
• Experience in managing a diverse, multi-functional accounting and/or finance group, providing guidance and support to other team members
• Extensive experience setting strategy for process improvement initiatives along with developing procedures for implementation and process flow documentation
• Knowledge of financial services and/or payment industry
• Demonstrated successful oversight of the management and resolution of high-risk issues to ensure completeness and efficiency
• Successfully embodies change management; manages corporate cultural initiatives, enhancing the support of an ever-evolving environment to fulfill corporate goals and objectives
• Able to quickly shift focus between varied tasks, resilient, persistent and able to work to tight deadlines
• Team player, analytical, results driven, flexible and adaptable
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-136802