MasterCard Director Business Development (Consulting Services) in Belgrade, Serbia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director Business Development (Consulting Services)
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digitaal economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard Advisors is a key differentiator for the company, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers achieve their objectives. Focused on big ideas which are scalable in a fast-paced business environment, we are responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, our services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, and data-driven analytic platforms.
Mastercard Advisors comprises of a diverse and dynamic team of experts who enjoy working in a goal-oriented and collaborative culture. As a member of our sales team, you will be on the frontlines - building excitement and generating demand for our unique services - while partnering with solutions experts to achieve the desired end. As part of the team, you will directly contribute to our customers’ success stories as well as to Mastercard’s positioning as a payments services leader.
The Business Development Director, in partnership with the existing team, will further drive growth of Mastercard Advisors business in the Balkan region incl. Serbia, Bosna and Herzegovina and Montenegro, one of Europe’s fastest growing regions, by developing new business and creating strong partnerships with financial institutions, retailers, fintechs and government around payment services.
Key responsibilities include:
• Together with existing team support shaping Mastercard Advisors growth strategy in the Balkan region and execute against that strategy
• Identify the most critical aspects of problems clients or markets are facing to determine new business opportunities
• Build and leverage deep knowledge of all the Mastercard Advisors capabilities and how they fit together to create customized and relevant solutions for clients solving for their needs
• Leverage subject matter experts to develop best customized proposals for the clients
• Support the sales process from prospecting to executing commercial contracts and as well as continuously manage the sales pipeline
• Write well-structured and persuasive proposals and communicate with executives to pursue
• Develop and maintain strong relationships / partnerships with mid-level client management team
• Align efforts with Mastercard core team for sales success, including managing external obstacles and maintaining leadership alignment and support
• Partner with project teams to ensure projects’ quality and identification of follow-up sales opportunities
• Play a key role in creation of new Intellectual Capital and become “thought partner” for Clients
• Actively participate in recruiting, training and developing others
• Undergraduate degree required
• MBA or relevant post graduate degree (beneficial but not critical)
All About You:
• Consulting experience from a top-rated consulting firm desirable, as is payments/banking expertise and experience helping financial institutions at the executive leadership level
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Solid track record of delivering objectives
• Ability to work on a team or independently
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-152226