MasterCard Senior Managing Consultant, Business Development in Beijing, China
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Managing Consultant, Business Development
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Mastercard Data & Services is the critical, differentiating professional services arm of Mastercard. We provide payments-focused consulting, marketing, enterprise software and platforms, loyalty and risk management, and even co-innovation services to financial institutions, retailers, and basically anyone in the ever-growing payment ecosystem. With our unique category expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, Mastercard Data & Services addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances Mastercard's strategic and tactical performance and establishes Mastercard's global thought-leadership pre-eminence.
The purpose of this Business Development role is to propel both businesses forward, joining the high-performing China Business Development team responsible for building a thriving Data & Services business in China. The role will build and close needs-based, high-value-adding business proposals for a portfolio of Clients across Mastercard’s China Division, as well as identify potential new opportunities for our exciting growth. He or she establishes trusted advisory relationships at Senior Management level with key Issuers, Acquirers and Merchants and drives sales. He or she is also involved in the execution of projects leading the project delivery team.
The best fit candidate for the role will be a highly motivated, sales-focused individual, who is experienced in consultative sales roles, with deep knowledge of the payments industries in China, and ability to build trust-based relationships both externally and internally. In addition, the successful candidate will also have skills and experience to contribute towards the delivery and quality management of engagements.
This role is responsible for driving sales process and partnering both internally and externally. He/She is an active team member who looks after clients largely independently and runs projects or a big piece of a very large project.
Partnering for Growth with the Country Teams
• Translate market development objectives into sales strategies for an assigned portfolio of Key Client accounts
• Partner with country team to drive core business growth through Data & Services solutions
• Contribute thought leadership and data & services expertise to strategic country and account planning
• Build relationship and become a trusted advisor at the senior/executive level both externally and internally
• Contributing thought leadership, problem solving expertise and data & services insights to differentiate Mastercard in key deal negotiations and RFP processes
Managing the Sales Process
• Develop trusted advisory relation with existing customer and generate leads in market with new prospects
• Engage with country teams and internal teams to assess client needs
• Develop holistic, persuasive services solutions proposal to meet client needs, integrate product and vertical expertise from regional or global experts
• Develop sales-support materials (i.e. presentations, business cases etc) that articulate the compelling nature of Mastercard Data & Services offerings qualitatively and quantitatively to address client challenges
• Lead formal and informal pitches from storyboarding through face-to-face presentations, both externally and internally
• Manage the sales process from first discussions to contract signed
• Participate and oversee delivery of the engagement as a senior member of the delivery team, to successful completion over and above what was promised to clients, as well as follow-on opportunity identification
• Ensuring continuous and expanded follow-on work
• Apply business acumen to identify proactively new business opportunities and support corporate initiatives to combine multiple product offerings to serve client needs more broadly
• Create intellectual capital (e.g. white papers on specialist industry topics, workshops ) to increase the value proposition of Mastercard Data & Services solutions.
All About You
• Consulting experience from a top-rated consulting firm and/or leading financial services provider, with payments/card expertise and experience helping financial institutions and interacting at the leadership level
• Excellent analytical, verbal and written storyboarding/communication/influencing skills in Mandarin and English
• Demonstrates the ability to initiate, develop, and close a sale
• Highest level of self-motivation with a hunting-attitude
• Ability to think from the perspective of the customer
• Ability to work as team member or independently who can multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to work well in a matrix environment
• Primary work location(s): Beijing, China
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-102974