MasterCard Operations Manager/Event Coordinator in Be'er Sheva, Israel
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Operations Manager/Event Coordinator
Operations Manager/Events Coordinator
Mastercard and Enel X have launched a new joint venture in Israel - FinSec Lab Ltd. The lab, which will operate in partnership with the Israel Innovation Authority, will be located in Be’er Sheva. The goal of the lab is to advance innovations in financial technology and cybersecurity for the payments and energy ecosystems. The lab will work with start-up companies to develop and complete proof of concepts, with a particular focus on digital security, fintech platforms, digital authentication, and financial inclusion. The lab’s goal is to advance innovations within the fintech and cyber sectors by accelerating growth of the country’s start-up ecosystem.
Mastercard Israel is facilitating the recruitment for the role of Operations Manager/Events Coordinator for employment with the joint venture.
The Operations Manager (Ops Manager) will be responsible for the day to day running of the Innovation Lab and work with the other members of the lab to build the ecosystem around the Lab. The incumbent must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, and be able to juggle multiple tasks projects with ease. The Ops Manager will report to the Manager of the Innovation Lab and will work with the relevant global functions of Mastercard and Enel X.
Start Up Projects – Selection and Approval
• Conduct initial phone calls with prospects and potential applicants to explore initial
fit and drive applications/ invite for a meeting/ webinar as necessary.
• Support screening process, interact with startups around screening decision, invite
them for screening interviews and instruct on next steps.
• Formulate compelling content and drive presence on social media channels to drive applications from startups.
Start Up Projects – Execution
• Provide administrative (non-technical) support to the startups in the lab
Lab Identity and Operations
• Provide administrative support to the Lab Manager (CEO), Technology Lead (CTO), and Business Development manager.
• Maintain ongoing communication with local community to drive engagement and increase the Innovation Lab's reach
• Organize relevant meetups / Host delegations to increase awareness
• Support with the ongoing operations of the Innovation Lab and its facilities.
• Coordinate activities such as pitch days, launch events, workshops, open house and other events
• Support with local event management tasks, such as organizing space set up, event invitations/RSVPs and refreshments
• Be point of contact for administrative interactions with Israel Government agencies (IAA, National Cyber Directorate, and Ministry of Finance), suppliers and other third parties.
• Be responsible for submission of IAA forms for project approval and financial reimbursement
Work with the Mastercard Compliance Team and internal legal counsel regularly to provide risk management and project management expertise and oversee all operational aspects of Compliance procedures as part of the first line Compliance function of the Lab. Training will be provided!
• Implement and oversee a successful compliance program for the Innovation Lab in line with Mastercard Anti-Corruption, Sanctions, Export Controls and Business Conduct policies and procedures.
• Perform screening and alert clearing, compliance with export or import requirements and Anti-Corruption requirements, training completion follow up, annual risk assessment preparation and other Compliance requirements as needed.
All About You
• A “people person” to connect and interact with others
• Experience with community management\ social media\ events
• Experience with working startup accelerators and\or corporate innovation teams is an advantage
• Strong end to end execution and follow through; detail orientated, execution focused, organized and able to deliver to tight deadlines
• Self-starter and able to manage your time efficiently with little oversight
• Comfortable with operational or administrative aspects with a creative mindset
• Live and breathe the startup space and have a passion for this ecosystem
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in Hebrew and English (oral and written); comfortable speaking with senior leadership and officials
• Undergraduate Degree preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-111384