MasterCard Chief Technology Officer in Be'er Sheva, Israel
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Chief Technology Officer
Mastercard and Enel X have launched a new joint venture in Israel - FinSec Lab Ltd. The lab, which will operate in partnership with the Israel Innovation Authority, will be located in Be’er Sheva. The goal of the lab is to advance innovations in financial technology and cybersecurity for the payments and energy ecosystems. The lab will work with start-up companies to develop and complete proofs of concept, with a particular focus on digital security, fintech platforms, digital authentication, and financial inclusion. The lab’s goal is to advance innovations within the fintech and cyber sectors by accelerating growth of the country’s start-up ecosystem.
Mastercard Israel is facilitating the recruitment for the role of the Chief Technology Officer with the FinSec Lab.
The Technology Lead (CTO) will be the technical authority in the Innovation Lab. The CTO will be responsible for the post acceptance side of the lab – the running of the start-up projects. The Technology Lead must possess broad technology and relevant industry experience and will advise and guide the startups in the program. This position requires a team player with superior technology and communications skills and leadership qualities; a candidate must possess a professional and positive attitude, attention to detail, and dependability. The CTO should be able to juggle multiple projects with tight deadlines and changing requirements. The Technology Lead will report to the Manager of the Innovation Lab and will work with the relevant global functions of Mastercard and Enel X.
Key Responsibilities & Scope of Work
The CTO will be responsible for leading the startups project execution. This would include the following:
Start Up Projects – Selection and Approval
• Define and participate in the screening process to choose the right startups for the lab.
• Navigate the complexity of technology and data
• Assist with applying projects to the Israel Innovation Authority (IIA), including
o planning and defining the structure of the startup's plan and budget,
o accompany the evaluation process and
o preparation of the required reports.
Start Up Projects - Execution
• assist the startups in setting project objectives and deadlines.
• support the transfer and encryption/de-encryption of data
• understand business goals and underlying technical requirements for the start-up projects.
• ensure that each start project performs and completes the six-month project cycle.
• Support startups in building technical protypes and demos
• ensure the day-to-day running of the program, assisting each startup to reaches its goals
Lab Identity and Environment
• participate in industry events that promote the identity of the Innovation Lab
• host delegations to the Lab, deliver technical sessions, and run hackathons.
• create the best possible environment in which startups can grow and succeed.
• share knowledge and experience with the startups, helping them to grow and develop.
• Build samples, presentations, tutorials, and other resources designed to help
developers understand how they can take advantage of the Innovation Lab infrastructure.
• Support the development of a mentor network for the Innovation Lab
• Plan various technical workshops, events and webinars for the Innovation Lab
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
• Proven experience as a CTO and product development
• Strong understanding of digital, payments, fintech, and cyber-security
• Experience with proposing and working with Israel Innovation Authority (IIA) programs
• Deep analytical skills, enabling comprehension of complex business and technical topics
• Able to distill widely variant feedback into root cause issues and provide actionable feedback
• Ability to multi-task; balance short-term and long-term goals.
• Able to coach and mentor a broad array of startups.
• Able to manage multiple project teams.
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills, with genuine interest in supporting others.
• Able to influence in a highly matrixed and rapidly changing environment.
• Knowledge of technology trends, industry participants, and leaders in cyber and fintech.
• A blend of curiosity, creativity, persistence, commitment, passion, and optimism.
• Passion for startups, the entrepreneurial community, its people and events.
• Fluent in Hebrew and English (oral and written).
• Undergraduate Degree required; Graduate Degree desired.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-111383