MasterCard Business Development Manager in Be'er Sheva, Israel
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Business Development Manager
Mastercard and Enel X have launched a new joint venture in Israel - FinSec Lab Ltd. The lab, which will operate in partnership with the Israel Innovation Authority, will be located in Be’er Sheva. The goal of the lab is to advance innovations in financial technology and cybersecurity for the payments and energy ecosystems. The lab will work with start-up companies to develop and complete proof of concepts, with a particular focus on digital security, fintech platforms, digital authentication, and financial inclusion. The lab’s goal is to advance innovations within the fintech and cyber sectors by accelerating growth of the country’s start-up ecosystem.
Mastercard Israel is facilitating the recruitment for the role of a Business Development Manager for employ with the FinSec Lab.
The Business Development Lead (Biz Dev Manager) will be the pipeline authority in the Innovation Lab. The Biz Dev Manager will be responsible for maintaining a healthy pipeline of leads via branding and marketing activities and for identifying appropriate startup companies that would be added to the deal flow funnel (lead generation). The Biz Dev manager will be responsible for the innovation lab's relationships with external entities, and will support the start’s application process to the IIA. The Biz Dev manager must be familiar with the Israeli startup ecosystem and possess relevant industry (Fintech and Cyber) experience. The Biz Dev Manager will be familiar with global market requirements and trends. This position requires a team player with superior technology and communications skills and leadership qualities; a candidate must possess a professional and positive attitude, attention to detail, and dependability. The Biz Dev Manager should be able to juggle multiple projects with tight deadlines and changing requirements.
The Biz Dev Manager will report to the Manager of Innovation Lab and will work with the relevant global functions of Mastercard and Enel X. The Innovation Lab will be located in Be’er Sheva Israel.
Key Responsibilities & Scope of Work
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for the lead generation and recruiting of projects into the program.
Start Up Projects – Selection and Approval
• Prepare and own the market development strategy for the Innovation Lab
• liaise with accelerators, cyber and fintech entrepreneurial communities, and other deal-flow sources, and identify appropriate companies within their portfolios
• Explore new partnership opportunities with VCs, accelerators and incubators, and onboard them as partners.
• locate start-ups and build the pipeline of relevant companies to join the Innovation Lab
• Support the process for applying projects to the Israel Innovation Authority (IIA), including
o planning and defining the structure of the startup's plan and budget,
o accompany the evaluation process and
o preparation of the required reports.
• Work with governmental bodies like the Israel Innovation Authority and the national CERT to identify needs and explore areas for collaboration.
Start Up Projects - Execution
• assist the startups in establishing customer relationships, strategic partnerships, finding investments, mergers and acquisitions, etc.
• assist a start up to explain its technical (proprietary?) approach and create a business-oriented value proposition to an executive audience
• Own Innovation Lab’s relationships with IIA, Strategic Partners, VC’s,
• participate in industry events that promote the identity of the Innovation Lab
• host delegations to the Lab
• Mentor Network: supporting in developing the mentor network for the Innovation Lab and working with them to make the program successful.
• Partnerships: supporting to forge partnerships with other organizations to provide services to the startups or the organization, marketing the program, sponsorships, etc. Liaising with the government and industries.
• Events and workshops: planning various technical workshops, events and webinars for the Innovation Lab, together with the Innovation Lab Manager, and executing the same with the help of team members and external consultants.
• Work cross-functionally with Mastercard's and Enel X's Business Development positions to align messaging and discover opportunities for both the Innovation Lab and the startups.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
• Experience and knowledge working in the startup and/or venture capital ecosystem.
• Strong understanding of digital, payments, fintech, and cyber-security
• Experience with proposing and working with Israel Innovation Authority (IIA) programs
• Progressive experience working within the technology industry.
• Direct field experience working with startups, software companies, and/or startup organizations (e.g. incubators and accelerators).
• Demonstrated leadership within channel business development, field marketing, and/or account management sales experience in the technology space.
• Ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally.
• Previous work experience in large companies – an advantage.
• Strong verbal and written communications and leadership skills.
• Self-starter able to function with high level of independence.
• A passion for new and emerging technologies, and how they can shape the future.
• Proactive, genuinely curious, optimistic, have healthy negotiation skills and business & financial acumen
• Undergraduate Degree required; MBA or equivalent executive level experience required
• Fluent in Hebrew and English (oral and written).
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-111382