MasterCard Senior Software Engineer - Scala in Austin, Texas
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Software Engineer - Scala
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and driving implementation of products and functionality on our innovative financing and payments platform, providing credit opportunities to retail consumers across multiple delivery channels.
• Design, develop, implement, test and deliver quality software
• Help architect, design, estimate and plan new web applications and services
• Work with Product Management and Business Analysts to translate business requirements into sound software solutions running on point of sale, web, and mobile platforms
• Solve complex technical problems with smart and elegant solutions
• Lead by example and implement best engineering practices and robust architectures
• Participate in defining and driving engineering processes to continuously improve the organization
All About You:
• Advanced software development experience
• Intermediate/advanced experience as a Scala developer
• Scala, Docker, Kafka experience required
• Experience building services using a web frameworks and streaming services
• Collaborate and present system architecture and solution design proposals
• Research, identify and prototype new technologies
• Self-starter and self-managed in a fast pace environment
• Ability to mentor and lead developers and conduct design and code reviews
• Familiarity with Agile development methodology
• Passionate about software development
• Good understanding of developing and deploying highly reliable, available and scalable systems
• Payment Systems, Authorization, Clearing and Settlement Processes a plus
• Retailer and Lender integrations preferred
• Ecommerce Retailer platform experience is also preferred
Internally, this role is known as Senior Consultant, Software Engineering
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-84464