MasterCard Senior Data Scientist in Austin, Texas
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Data Scientist
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Data Scientist (Ethoca) to build and manage solutions that answer analytic, data-driven questions received from our internal and external customers. To answer these questions, you will be leveraging our internal HANA database using various BI tools and languages.
This role requires a deep understanding of payment processes, particularly around chargebacks, as well as the ability to work directly with people across our organization to understand their information needs and present effective visualizations that drive insights.
• Quickly understand how the Ethoca platform serves our customers' needs and how this translates into value for new and existing customers.
• Using our analytic and reporting tools, produce reports that contain the right content and delivery method for the situation. At times this will mean establishing a framework within our tools that enables users to produce and potentially customize the reports themselves; at other times it could require pushing reports out in an automated, scheduled manner.
• From our existing reports and new ones that you create, extract and emphasize key attributes that should be brought to the attention of users of the report.
• Be able to translate business use cases into technical requirements, and effectively communicate to stakeholders at all stages during project development.
• Actively champion current technology tools to ensure they support what we currently need. Enhance these tools as is helpful to communicate information more effectively.
• Teach internal customers how to use new business intelligence tools.
• Identify opportunities for future product development or opportunities for improvements in existing products.
• Effectively document new business intelligence tools and processes, as well as maintain documentation for existing tools as development changes over time.
All About You
• Hands-on experience analyzing data in the banking and/or the credit card industry with a solid understanding of payment processes, data models, and chargeback analytics.
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
• The ability to move efficiently between business discussions that generate information needs and managing the technical architecture and design requirements to clearly answer them.
• Exceptional written and verbal skills to effectively translate business requirements and concepts across any layer of the organization and also be an active participant in business requirements development for new and existing reporting.
• Earned a degree in a relevant technical field: Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, MIS, or related discipline
• Need extensive SQL expertise as well as experience with BI tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview, PowerPivot, and Excel. Also need a strong understanding of relational database concepts and the ability to define relationships between database tables.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-117953