MasterCard Associate Product Specialist, Product Management in Austin, Texas
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Associate Product Specialist, Product Management
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The Mastercard Launch program is aimed at early career talent, to help you develop skills and gain cross-functional work experience. Over a period of 18 months, Launch participants will be assigned to a business unit, learn and develop skills, and gain valuable on the job experience.
Ethoca Clarity Product Management is responsible for the strategy, definition, design, implementation, launch, and monitoring of the Clarity product suite, which includes products focused on reducing consumer confusion about transactions and increasing engagement with banking services.
Product Manager responsibilities on the Ethoca Clarity team can include:
• Strategic: Understand market, customers, competitors, and needs; define product strategy and product-market fit
• Tactical: High-level and low-level feature definition, user experience needs, spec writing, legal review, etc.
• Operational: Write user stories and acceptance criteria, serve as Product Owner
• Launch: Work with Marketing on GTM/launch activities
• Monitor: Measure the “health of the business” post-launch, including co-leading a Product Operations Team
A number of projects are being considered, including:
• Research the emergence of tokenization solutions among banks and credit card issuers, assess the impact on Clarity products, and design solutions that allow Clarity products to continue delivering value
• Work with Clarity product teams to assess business and revenue success, analyze any shortcomings, and design recommendations for business, product, or other changes that can help Clarity products improve metric/KPI performance
• Research emerging markets for Clarity products, identifying key potential customers (merchants and credit card issuers) based on a variety of key criteria, then providing recommendations based on potential revenue and ease-of-market-penetration
• Research consumer behaviors with Clarity products: usage patterns, valuable/less valuable product features, impact on other consumer behaviors, etc. then design recommendations for product improvements or modifications based on the results
• Research requirements for "legal replacements for paper receipts", then provide recommendations for Clarity solutions by market/country
All about you:
• Currently enrolled in your final year of a bachelor’s or master’s degree program graduating Spring 2023
• Education in business-related/market-related areas will be the best fit, such as Business Strategy, Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Product Analyst/Product Operations, and similar.
• Be comfortable performing research with limited information, and have experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Experience and Skills needed:
• Prior experience/internship with a technology company is beneficial, but not required
• Well-rounded individual with significant extracurricular involvement
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to work on a team and independently
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Attention to detail
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-177743