MasterCard Managing Consultant, Advisors Deploy Program Management, Data and Services in Auckland, New Zealand
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Managing Consultant, Advisors Deploy Program Management, Data and Services
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base.
We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations.
Centred on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specialising in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
Our Advisors Deploy Program Management (“Deploy”) is an execution-oriented client facing competency that applies proven, accredited change skills and domain experience to partner with clients and help them drive measurable value by:
• Delivering new products and strategies to market smoothly and efficiently
• Strengthening client’s internal skills, knowledge and experience in critical areas
• Transforming client processes and optimising their management practices
• Identifying and pursuing opportunities for business growth
Deploy is a new suite of consulting solutions designed to respond to fast evolving customer needs for execution support, with a dual mission: deployment and value realisation over the entire lifetime of major assets.
Value realisation is a complex task, and with Deploy we can de-risk the entire client/asset journey, from implementation to adoption, usage, and product evolution. This is done through a set of new capabilities focused on expert execution support, that we are bringing in to complement the traditional Advisors areas of strength.
As a Managing Consultant you will manage a portfolio of projects that support a strategy, a strategic change or initiative with significant impact on the organisation. You will manage complexity and inherent risks across a wide range of business areas, where there are strong interdependencies and shared resources, and you will manage benefits from their initial identification and definition through to the eventual realisation and achievement of measurable improvements.
All About You
• Suitable candidates will demonstrate authentic leadership, integrity and gravitas, having experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in a matrixed environment, mentoring staff, evaluating performance and providing feedback
• You will bring previous experience in delivery of large enterprise level programs across the financial services sector from initiation to benefit realisation, evidenced through successful leadership of formal and/or informal PMO structures. This includes: identifying and mitigating risks, solving issues, developing plans and ensuring they are implemented in line with agreed timescales, budgets and quality criteria, as well as examples of using your own initiative to re-align scope and objectives during a program to ensure maximum value extraction – leveraging subject matter experts as needed
• You have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, able to direct workstreams across large multi-faceted project teams and are comfortable with significant client interaction and interest in building relationships, developing strong bonds with clients that endure beyond a particular assignment, serving as a go-to resource for client staff, and being sought out for knowledge of industry and firm. You are a strong writer, presenter and speaker - comfortable and able to influence at all levels in an organisation
• Importantly, you are able to identify new business opportunities and communicate to executives to pursue, begin to lead sales calls and new client development including proposal contribution. This will be achieved through your ability to analyse multiple aspects of client’s organisational systems and culture that serve as input into the stakeholder / relationship map sales process
• Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants is preferred along with an appreciation of marketing and the importance of the customer experience/journey
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification. Advanced degree or MBA preferred
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required and knowledge of Project Management tools preferred
• Willingness to travel
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-130940