MasterCard Director, Business Development, Enterprise Partnerships in Atlanta, Georgia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Business Development, Enterprise Partnerships
The Enterprise Partnerships team’s mission is to find and commercialize new areas for Mastercard’s technology and network by using Mastercard’s core competencies in new, different and strategic ways. The group partners with leading enterprises in verticals such as Smart Cities, Travel, and Trade to address global opportunities. The focus is to bundle Mastercard’s assets with our partners’ assets to target and develop new ecosystems. Our partners include a broad and diverse range of global brands such as Unilever, Microsoft, Airbnb, Coca Cola and Gilead, to name a few.
Through our partnerships in the Trade sector, we are building new commercial streams across the broader spectrum of merchants in close collaboration with the regional market development teams. The key areas of responsibilities for the group are global strategy, business development across the industry verticals and building/ deepening relationship with key global stakeholders. The team focuses on deploying initiatives identified as being high priority in delivering Mastercard goals, including:
o Positioning Mastercard as strategic technology partner, critical to profitability / growth of business
o Deepening relationship with key global trade partners, building a holistic engagement
o New global partnerships and strategic initiatives
o Development of scalable sales / value propositions across industries to drive revenues
o Provide Thought Leadership internally and externally
Title: Director, Business Development, Enterprise Partnerships
Role: Director, Mastercard Freight Program, Freight
The successful candidate will be part of the team responsible for developing Mastercard’s positioning, propositions and business across the global freight eco-system with key focus on strategy development, revenue generation, partner management and project delivery within this B2B vertical.
This role will be accountable for driving the commercial execution of partner projects within Mastercard’s freight program. Primary responsibilities will encompass the delivery of commercial objectives linked to specific freight partner programs within a cross-company and cross-functional environment. Partners will include key freight industry stakeholders as well as freight payment, finance and data services providers. This role will have a focus on initiatives within the road haulage market segment and industry stakeholders will include digital freight exchanges, brokers, booking platforms, carriers and shippers. Specifically this will include the following responsibilities:
Contributing to the development and refinement of Mastercard's value proposition to major stakeholders in the freight industry;
Supporting go-to-market plans, specifically within the road freight segment, and the establishment of a qualified prospect pipeline;
Identifying new industry partnerships and supporting the engagement process from prospecting through to contract execution, including direct management of program workstreams;
Partnership Management: Understand changing partner needs and how those needs map to the Mastercard business; foster strong external relationships; collaborate on new solutions; manage partner program workstreams; be viewed as a high-value asset to our partners;
Realizing Joint Partner Targets: Understand what will allow Mastercard and our partners to achieve our joint objectives, remove barriers to attainment of those objectives, build and leverage relationships across multiple ecosystems to ensure adoption of Mastercard and partner solutions;
Working with existing solution channel partners to support client engagement and maximize indirect pipeline opportunities;
Extend subject matter expertise within the freight team, specifically around road freight, supporting and guiding initiatives across the regional offices to align with global freight program strategy;
Supporting activities across the team ensuring alignment and contributing to the success of the overall freight program;
Developing a strong external profile within the road freight and broader freight industry, establishing a credible network with the view to strengthening Mastercard’s industry profile and attracting opportunities that drive volume for Mastercard;
Liaising with internal Mastercard stakeholders and teams to ensure alignment, commitment and delivery of all Mastercard obligations to freight projects;
Contributing to program, partner and solution strategy to identify opportunities, solve problems and accelerate project delivery.
All About You
• The ideal candidate will understand existing and emerging technologies in financial services applicable to the freight market within the US and beyond;
• Experience in the freight industry, either directly through a business development, revenue management, commercial, strategy, or operational role specific to the freight industry or indirectly through consulting, payment services or supporting digital transformation programs into the freight industry. In-depth knowledge of freight & logistics is a pre-requisite;
• Experience in technology-led transformation would be good but not a pre-requisite;
• Experienced of payment systems within freight would be beneficial;
• Experience in solution sales and/or partner management would be preferable;
• Candidates should demonstrate a strategic mindset with attributes that with allow them to thrive within a commercial environment that is complex and multifaceted.
• Clear communicator (written/oral) with excellent presentation skills; able to communicate complex, often technical topics in a compelling manner; comfortable presenting, influencing, and negotiating, able to shift gears for a variety of audiences;
• Team player, considered decision maker and independent self-starter;
• Effective cross-functional collaborator to help influence internal stakeholders to align on mutually beneficial strategies and thrive in a highly matrixed sales environment;
• Bachelors degree or equivalent is preferred.In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
NYC Salary Range: $175,950 - $272,550
Westchester County Salary Range: $153,000 - $237,000
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-178996