MasterCard Vice President, Software Engineering in Arlington, Virginia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Software Engineering
The Vice President, Software Engineering will lead our Commercial business to business platform technology team to deliver major projects and deliver highly scalable, innovative software solutions in a timely and cost effective manner. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Commercial Solutions.
• Lead a cross-functional team of leaders to drive the next generation of the Mastercard Commercial business programs
• Build a high performing team and ensure program success through effective communication of goals, objectives, performance and as necessary improvement plans
• Leverage Agile program management expertise to mentor technical and project leads on development best practices and processes
• Sets the vision for an environment of ingenuity and creativity and acts as a role model for others in challenging the status quo to encourage innovation
• Oversees the management of the Software Engineering function and acts as the highest authority on high-level and complex decisions within the function
• Updates Senior and Executive Management on status of high visibility initiatives by translating highly complex technical matters into easily digestible and actionable plans.
• Track record of leading and managing senior leaders and technical staffs with the ability to foster open communications across various organizational levels. Requires skills to motivate direct and indirect reports to deliver superior results.
• Proven experience delivering horizontally and vertically scalable, high-volume, API-based solutions on private and public cloud platforms and infrastructure (PCF, Kubernetes, Azure and AWS) using automated CI/CD pipelines
• Proven ability to sell solutions, persuade cross-functional group, garner support for solutions and bring group to a consensus and strong ability in collection and formulation of data, development of Metrics and dashboard reporting.
• Expertise with technology trends and thorough understanding of Agile development methodologies, Data-driven leadership and industry best practices
• Extensive organizational skills, detailed documentation habits and Agile project management capabilities are essential
• Excellent communication skills with both technical and business audiences
• Experience with budgeting, financial management and P&L processes
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-79926