MasterCard Technical Lead, Software Development Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Technical Lead, Software Development Engineer
We are looking for a Technical Lead, Software Development Engineer to join our Data Platform Team, part of a group of engineering teams within Mastercard Data & Services that aims to provide common, high-performance, and easy-to-use solutions for cross-cutting concerns. We work closely with market-facing product engineering teams to help them take maximum advantage of these capabilities and to evolve our platform to meet their needs and the needs of our customers.
As a member of the Data Platform Team, you will help build the data flow orchestration and configuration platform that underlies the suite of applications our market-facing product engineering teams develop.
The data platform is an integrated technology solution that allows to be governed, accessed, and delivered to users, data applications, or other technologies for strategic business purposes. It has integrations with various data sources and sinks, and provides consumers with libraries and tooling to automate their ETL workflows via a suite of web-based interfaces. Hundreds of internal consultants and data engineers use the platform daily.
• Aid leadership in defining vision and roadmap to enable enhanced automation and configuration of Data & Services products. Define the corresponding vision, roadmap, and execution plan for their immediate team.
• Drive projects from design through release, leading and guiding a handful of junior engineers throughout the process
• Build and maintain a suite of web interfaces, common libraries, infrastructure, and APIs used by other developers, data engineers, and others within the organization to enable rapid configuration of products and orchestrate data processing for data analysis
• Automate the extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes enabling clients to access their most up-to-date data in real time
• Continuously innovate. We’re constantly on the hunt for new technologies and approaches for efficiently processing extremely large data sets
• Collaborate across teams with exceptional peers who are passionate about what they do
• Bring a focus on high-quality code and development best practices
All About You:
• Excitement about operating within and contributing to a collaborative, inclusive, and fun workplace culture
• Experience contributing to and leading teams in the development of large scale applications
• Expertise in object-oriented programming, using a language like C#, Java, etc.
• Deep technical foundation in full-stack development. Proficiency in React/Redux is an added bonus
• Passion for/experience in proactively mentoring junior engineers to grow their technical skills and find meaningful opportunities
• Proven track record of innovating and leveraging new technology
• Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
• Strong communication skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-126534