MasterCard Software Development Engineer in Test II - B2B Payments in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer in Test II - B2B Payments
As a Software Test Engineer on the Mastercard B2B Payments team, you’ll bring your deep expertise with modern, full-stack, test practices & tools to create world-class, cloud-native, SaaS services. We’re building a global B2B platform to help businesses of all sizes streamline how they manage payments when buying or selling products & services. As a global business, the software capabilities you design for Mastercard will operate at massive scale requiring focus on performance, security and reliability. You will work in our Mastercard tech hub in Arlington, VA that provides a state-of-the-art environment for technology teams to thrive in a collaborative Agile engineering culture. You will be a key part of how Mastercard transforms the B2B space using Azure cloud-native technologies.
• Be a leading contributor to the team to plan, design and develop SaaS solutions.
• Create and execute test plans and cases that your team uses to verify that working software matches acceptance criteria for user stories.
• Build automated tests using modern client and server-side frameworks & tools.
• Deliver software with exceptional quality and security that operates at scale.
• Perform & participate in code reviews, retrospectives, and review Pull Requests using Git.
• Collaborate with software engineers, test engineers, analysts, and product owners.
• Coordinate with DevOps engineers on the use and automation of the build pipeline.
• Ensure that you test for 12-factor app design principles.
• Ensure that systems you test comply with Mastercard best practices and governance models including security, operations, and Enterprise Architecture requirements.
All About You:
• You have a solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, web applications, and familiarity with microservices-based software architecture.
• You have experience testing apps running on cloud-native technology platforms.
• You have experience testing applications using Java.
• You have experience testing apps using storage technologies such as SQL Server, Oracle or PostgreSQL, and delivering solutions that leverage them at massive scale.
• You have deep experience with automated testing and tools such as Robot Framework, Selenium, Postman, and REST-assured/RestSharp.
• You have experience successfully releasing software in a continuous delivery model using Git.
• You enjoy working in an Agile team focused on continuous improvement.
• You have a strong desire to deepen your knowledge, collaborate within a team, and mentor junior test engineers.
• You are passionate about the art of delivering the highest quality software to customers and stakeholders.
• You have excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical people.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-128479