MasterCard Senior Technical Program Manager in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Technical Program Manager
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments sector. We power payments and provide products and services for individuals and industries all around the world. Our people, technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our success. We believe in connecting people to priceless possibilities.
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to join our team to find out how you too can start something priceless.
The Enterprise Security Architecture & Innovations team is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager (Scrum Master) to act as a leader and drive its efficiency and use of Agile Scrum within the organization. While we are not an application development team, we still use Agile Scrum to support our efforts to deliver customer value. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset. You must be a team player with a positive attitude who is enthusiastic about bringing a vision of the future to life.
In this role, you will:
• Play a key role in success of the team, supporting the teams to ensure Scrum is working so that that they can continue to focus on customer value delivery and develop an agile mindset.
• Be a key part of the leadership team, supporting others in the leadership team and their direct reports in utilizing Agile Scrum methods.
• Help create a positive atmosphere for the team, advocating a fail fast/correct quickly approach.
• Facilitate all Agile Scrum ceremonies and cadences.
• Measure the effectiveness of the team, tracking velocity and other key metrics to drive the team's understanding of its effectiveness.
• Support the team in managing its backlog, ensuring the team is creating clear and concise backlog items.
• Partner with others in the organization to translate how Mastercard measures its project tracking with how the team works within an Agile Scrum framework.
• Track and update key project initiatives for quarterly updates, up to and including the preparation of reports for presentations.
• Coach the team on Agile and Scrum principles to ensure continuous improvement.
• Demonstrate servant leadership and communicate/effectively demonstrate the role and purpose of the Scrum Master.
All about you:
• You are an advocate and champion for Agile.
• You've supported teams that are dispersed internationally.
• Supported multiple scrum teams.
• Certified Scrum Master certification preferred, but not required.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-168463