MasterCard Senior Systems Platform Architect in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Systems Platform Architect
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
• Develops the core technical platform, capabilities, and services that support business processes by mapping the relationship between IT platform/infrastructure components and identifying
• Performs the programming and development processes for new and existing technologies from conception to application, leading the most complex aspects
• Develops and implements maintenance plans to address technical issues, and seeks opportunities for improvement and efficiency
• Leads complex initiatives and projects to develop and promote target architecture that supports and enables business strategies
• Supports holistic platform security posture which includes identifying risks, escalating potential concerns, and implementing both risk mitigation plans and control functions
• Establishes and improves policies, standards, guidelines, and design patterns, researching industry best practices across multiple technologies and business domains
• Oversee progress of technical requirements for strategic initiatives related to security compliance
• Coordinate implementation deliverables for strategic security compliance objectives
• Experience developing relationships and partnering with internal customers across development verticals to support system and platform initiatives
• Experience managing components of larger projects for a network initiative and developing an understanding of the importance of global consistency
• Experience resolving routine infrastructure architecture issues
• Demonstrates active engagement as a participant or in support of a global technology domain initiatives (e.g., providing input and contributing to discussions)
• Active member of business resource groups and global communities (e.g., Tech Leadership Network)
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-168003