MasterCard Senior Specialist, Product Management in Commercial (Smart Data) in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Specialist, Product Management in Commercial (Smart Data)
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
The Mastercard Commercial platform enables issuers and end corporate clients to manage their commercial programs through parameters, data, and reporting. It is the single-entry point to features and functions such as virtual payments, data file delivery, account management, reconciliation, and reporting. The Commercial platform team is responsible for the delivering a best-in-class platform for commercial customers to meets the needs of end users across our various regional implementations and deliver on our broader business objectives.
This role will contribute to and execute the vision and development of Mastercard's Smart Data platform. This Senior Specialist role will work with senior leadership to identify areas for process improvement and operational efficiency gains; strategize on solutions; and retain ownership over key business priorities, from project development through transition to steady state operations.
The Senior Specialist will:
• Help create and test product-market hypotheses for potential, new strategic efforts with a goal to determine if corresponding proof of concept is recommended
• Help build the program-wide strategic messaging for internal and external audience
• Be an organizer to help manage a picture of the priorities, projects, decisions, and actions that should be in the brain space of Smart Data leadership
• A strategic advisor and confidant (a highly trusted person with whom to discuss and pressure-test ideas)
• Formulating and managing the strategic agenda of the leadership team
• Setting the cadence of leadership team interactions, and running staff meetings
• Identifying the appropriate inspection topics and mechanisms for leadership staff; and ensuring a strong, candid team dynamic by creating an optimal environment for productive, professional dialogue
• Be willing to work directly with customers (current and potential) to understand their needs and how we can solve for them
• Keeps a pulse and always looking for optimization opportunities by identifying gaps and inefficiencies across the organization
• Prioritize what the organization needs to be great at, then influencing how orchestrated investments in people, processes, and technology drive the advancement of such capabilities
• Critical interfaces and dependencies — clarifying and overseeing connection points within the unit and with other organizational functions
• Coordinate with the Smart Data director of metrics and product owners and develop quarterly business review material
• Write presentations and long-form updates in response to Mastercard executive requests
All About You
• Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
• Proven ability to communicate and work effectively with both business and technical/engineering staff
• Desire to work in fast-paced, multitasking, fluid environment with ever-changing priorities
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time, with minimum oversight
• Strong organization and execution skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to confidently handle the top responsibility for project completion
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Perform competitive analysis for changing market dynamics, pricing, etc.
• Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to develop and nurture stakeholder relationships and navigate and influence the organization
• Familiarity with commercial card, T&E reporting, accounting, corporate finance, commercial cards, and/or analytics is helpful
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-161331