MasterCard Senior Specialist, Campus Recruiting in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Specialist, Campus Recruiting
Global Talent Acquisition caters to Experienced Hiring, Executive Hiring, Campus Hiring and Diversity hiring. Focusing on university relationships, the Campus Recruiting team works to shape the future of Mastercard through initiatives and programs to attract and hire uniquely talented graduates who will contribute to Mastercard’s success. The Campus Recruiting Specialist will support the North America Talent Acquisition Campus team. This position demands an outstanding ability to multi-task as well as superior organizational skills. It requires an individual who understands the necessity for confidentiality and professionalism at all times and is able to deliver in a fast-paced, demanding environment with the ability to adapt to change.
Working in partnership across North America and with key business stakeholders, this person will be responsible for:
• Executing on high volume campus hiring within North America, with a focus on our Data & Services group
• Attracting and hiring diverse talent; developing relationships with diversity partners, as well as identifying and building new partnerships and programs on campus.
• Ensuring representation at recruiting events, developing and growing brand affinity on campus; identifying and collaborating with student organizations and faculty that will support our hiring strategy.
• Managing a pipeline of interns, direct sourced applicants, and referrals.
• Ensuring a consistent, positive candidate experience end to end.
• Ensuring candidate data integrity is captured in the CRM and ATS accurately.
• Planning and implementing internship program in coordination with the Global campus recruiting team.
• Ensuring adherence to all compliance and acquisition processes.
All About You:
• Experience in university recruitment and in building and maintaining relationships with schools (includes: career centers, professors, university leadership, and student organizations).
• Analytical and able to make data driven insights to provide recommendations to continually evolve the function.
• Strong Project Management and the ability to quickly master internal and external systems and platforms.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and presence; comfort dealing with all levels of the organization.
• Drive, energy, and passion.
• Exhibits creativity, comfortable with risk taking, open to making change happen.
• Can implement and execute with speed and accuracy.
• Willingness to travel as needed.
Ideal experiences and personal characteristics include:
• Experience in campus recruitment or university relations.
• Knowledge of applicant tracking systems and CRMs a plus.
• Must be ethical, high integrity, and be passionate about attracting top talent.
• Delivers with a high sense of urgency; operating with a strong customer satisfaction approach.
• A self-starter who can act as a strong contributor while navigating a complex global organization.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-167900