MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Front End Software Engineer- Platforms, Data & Services
As a Senior Front End Software Engineer on the Platforms team, you’ll hold a valued role within a rapidly growing and successful firm, working closely with experienced and driven senior engineers to solve problems as a team. Innovative product opportunities, modern business questions, and intricate datasets present uniquely challenging problems that we are eager to take on. Mastercard/APT's next generation platform blends industry-leading analytics, advanced software architecture, and the latest web technologies to face these problems. Our software is required to effectively decipher analytically complex insights from these problems, on which businesses base multi-million dollar business decisions.
Engineers work in small, flexible teams. Every team member contributes to designing, building, and testing features. The range of work you encounter varies from front-end web development to writing server side calculation code to database work, and beyond. There are no rigid organizational structures, and each team uses processes that work the best for that team members and projects.
Join a fast growing team
At Mastercard/APT, you will build revolutionary products that advance how businesses all over the world seize the most value from their data. As a Senior Front-End Software Engineer, you will:
• Create intuitive data visualizations, responsive designs, and highly interactive user interfaces with reusable components and scalable frameworks
• Own the front end throughout the entire software development process, from brainstorming new features through to their production release
• Translate intricate analytic concepts into accessible front end solutions in Mastercard/APT’s entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
• Play a central role in developing a fast and powerful suite of web applications, and drive valuable improvements to the experience of our users
• Innovate and drive many new and challenging projects
• Lead and push the boundaries of front end web technologies
• Collaborate across teams with exceptional peers who are passionate about what they do
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
• Mastery of HTML, CSS, and related front end web technologies and methodologies
• Solid technical foundation in full stack development
• Passion for user experience and solving complex design and usability problems
• Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
• Superior academic record with a degree in Computer Science, HCI, or related technical field
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-152741