MasterCard Senior Software Engineer - B2B Payments in Arlington, Virginia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Software Engineer - B2B Payments
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Mastercard Track – Business Payments Service team, you’ll bring your deep expertise with modern full-stack development practices & tools to create world-class, cloud-native, SaaS services running on Azure. We’re building a global B2B platform to help businesses of all sizes streamline how they manage payments when buying or selling products & services. As a global business, the software you design & develop for Mastercard will operate at massive scale requiring focus on performance, security, and reliability.
You will work in our Mastercard tech hub in Arlington, VA that provides a state-of-the-art environment for technology teams to thrive in a collaborative Agile engineering culture. You will be a key part of how Mastercard transforms the B2B space using Azure cloud-native technologies.
• Be a leading contributor to the team to plan, design and develop SaaS solutions.
• Build and maintain full-stack applications & services.
• Deliver code with exceptional quality and security that operates at scale.
• Perform code reviews, retrospectives, and review Pull Requests using Git.
• Collaborate with software engineers, QA engineers, analysts, and product owners.
• Coordinate with DevOps engineers on the design and maintenance of the build pipeline.
• Provide technical leadership to software engineers.
• Ensure that you use 12-factor app design principles in your development.
• Ensure that systems you create comply with Mastercard best practices and governance models including security, operations, and Enterprise Architecture requirements.
All About You:
• You have a solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, web applications, and microservices-based software architecture.
• You have experience with cloud-native technology platforms including Azure.
• You have experience building applications using Java.
• You have experience using storage technologies such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, or Oracle, and delivering solutions that leverage them at massive scale.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-98330