MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Mastercard Commercial O&T Small Business Team in Arlington, VA is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer to design and develop software product applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software applications for internal use. Candidate will have a strong passion and background in full-stack, cloud-based software environment and making quality production software at all stages of the software lifecycle.
· Responsible for software development implementations, taking high-level requirements and producing robust solutions, within predefined timelines, scope limitations, and in accordance with Agile SDLC methodology;
· Responsible for research, planning, estimating, designing, and ensuring customizations and integration components that are designed to meet the business needs;
· Interface with the business operations and product teams for technical specifications; and Participate in customer support processes;
· Responsible for research, planning, estimation, design, while ensuring that customizations and integration components are meeting the business needs;
· Design and code all aspects of solutions within a dynamic, rapid application environment involving a diverse technology stack that includes provide training on coding standards and best practices to team members;
· Produce quality, tested, and documented code;
· Act as a mentor to team members and aid in adherence to established coding techniques and standards
· Proficient coding experience building highly scalable, highly available full stack Java applications;
· Significant hands-on experience architecting and developing fine-grained services using modern Java EE frameworks (Spring Boot/Spring Cloud/Spring IO etc.)
· Extensive experience designing and developing REST API’s (Java Spring Framework preferred);
· Experience with Agile development methodologies including unit testing, test-driven development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Pair Programming, and Automated Testing;
· Active adherence to SDLC methodologies such as Agile or Incremental and working knowledge of SCRUM is a plus;
· Deep understanding of contemporary API and architectural concepts (REST, Microservices, etc.)
· Experience in 12-factor app architecture, design, and implementation;
· Experience working in an enterprise-scale SaaS product environment that is deployed using cloud technologies like OpenStack and Cloud Foundry is a plus;
· Proficient in one or more Relational and Non-Relational DB technologies such as MS SQL Server, MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB or Postgres;
· Familiarity with deploying applications with container technology (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.);
· Proven understanding of OOAD, design patterns, and application development processes and practices with focus on reusability, extensibility, and performance;
· Solid understanding of software development environments, source control techniques, and continuous integration;
· Passion and experience in coaching and mentoring junior and senior software engineers.
· Experience as a mentor to junior/mid-level colleague(s)
· Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment
• MS degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related field
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-84497