MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer (Android Mobile) in Arlington, Virginia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Software Development Engineer (Android Mobile)
Mastercard Commercial O&T Small Business Team in Arlington, VA is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer (Android Mobile) in leading the development of next generation consumer-facing Android application and features. Our tightly-knit team is deeply passionate about our users, products, and technology, and if you have what it takes, we'd love for you to join us! .
· Contribute to best-in-class full-stack mobile application development from concept to launch;
· Implement client-side features and server APIs and services to support planned mobile;
· Responsible for software development implementations, taking high-level requirements and producing robust solutions, within predefined timelines, scope limitations, and in accordance with Agile SDLC methodology;
· Responsible for research, planning, estimating, designing, and ensuring customizations and integration components that are designed to meet the business needs;
· Interface with the business operations and product teams for technical specifications; and Participate in customer support processes;
· Responsible for research, planning, estimation, design, while ensuring that customizations and integration components are meeting the business needs;
· Design and code all aspects of solutions within a dynamic, rapid application environment involving a diverse technology stack that includes provide training on coding standards and best practices to team members;
· Produce quality, tested, and documented code;
· Act as a mentor to team members and aid in adherence to established coding techniques and standards
· Fluent in coding with the following programming languages: Java, and Kotlin;
· Proficient in Android development platform (Knowledge of Android Studio and above preferred);
· Well versed in industry best practices for design and implementation of mobile native applications;
· Strong level experience with mobile native technology, user interface design and development, service integration development;
· Sound knowledge of Apple's Human Interface guidelines and Google's Material Design standards for UI design;
· Proficient level of experience with designing and delivering optimized native mobile apps;
· Experience with Espresso automated testing tool;
· Active adherence to SDLC methodologies such as Agile or Incremental and working knowledge of SCRUM is a plus;
· Deep understanding of Android Architecture, performance optimization, and Security;
· Experience with Android performance profiling tools and optimization techniques ;
· Experience with Dagger or other dependency injection frameworks is a plus;
· Proven experience in publishing a mobile app to its respective App Store end to end;
· Deep understanding of contemporary API and architectural concepts (REST, Microservices, etc.);
· Experience with Agile development methodologies including unit testing, test-driven development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Pair Programming, and Automated Testing;
· Strong grasp of using MVVM and MVP design paradigms and the ability to communicate the practical applications with team members;
· Solid experience with version control (Git/Bitbucket) and branching strategies;
· Proficient in one or more Relational and Non-Relational DB technologies such as MongoDB, or Postgres;
· Proven understanding of OOAD, design patterns, and application development processes and practices with focus on re-usability, extensibility, and performance;
· Passion and experience in coaching and mentoring junior and senior software engineers.
· MS degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related field
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-84381